DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend I added Hella 500ffs with 85W amber Hella bulbs behind the grill and painted the RAM emblem while the grill was off. Here are a couple of pics...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Looks real good but just to let you know Im pretty sure thier is a law in Texas that you cant have more than 4 lights on the front of a vehicle, you might want to check in on that

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can have as many lights as you want, you just can't have them on! LOL

I know all about that law, as I have been stopped for having too many lights on.

Yep, you are only allowed to have four lights on at one time. I live out in the sticks so the extra lighting is appreciated.:rck:

·
Registered
40 Posts
That looks real nice w the emblem painted. Thanks for the reply. I feel a little more comfortable going ahead with this now. Just ordered the lights.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'd love to do this also but am concerned as to how much the grill diffuses the light. I am looking for night driving lights on rural roads with little or no traffic that will outshine my stock brights, something that reaches out there.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'd love to do this also but am concerned as to how much the grill diffuses the light. I am looking for night driving lights on rural roads with little or no traffic that will outshine my stock brights, something that reaches out there.

yep. me too. worried about the grill but I'm leaning toward doing this mod.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live freakin' rural! Believe me!! I went for a test drive last night....

They look just fine. The grill doesn't block that much. I have HIDs in the fogs and headlights as well, and the Hellas still show up well. The Hella ffs have a more spread beam pattern so it is like a headlight as the beam is pretty wide. The regular Hella 500 is like a spotlight. The beam is very focused. I had a pair of those as well and did not like that.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice, looks great, how did you mount the lights? to what.. special bar you made??

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a cross member there.....just drilled into it. See the pic....

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What did you paint the emblem with?
I lightly sanded it and used Self Etching Primer. I then painted it with three coats of black, and then a couple of coats of clear.

·
Ram Express Dreamin
17 Posts
I lightly sanded it and used Self Etching Primer. I then painted it with three coats of black, and then a couple of coats of clear.
So you removed the emblem completely and painted it. I've seen lots of people do the plasti-dip while still on the truck is why I'm asking.

When I get my express, I want to paint the emblems black too, but think I would rather actually paint like you've done rather than the plasti-dip. Will have to see how to remove the emblem once I have the new truck.

·
Texas RAM Dude
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah man, the emblem just un-snaps from the grill. The emblem and the black backing also separate fairly easily. I want to do the rear emblem as well but it is stuck on with the adhesive like the RAM letters on the side. I may just leave that one on the truck when I paint it. It is kind of a pain in the rear to get those things off.

Pic after priming....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.