DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, I just received my March 2009 edition and there was a comparison test of the Chevy, Dodge and Ford full size trucks. The Dodge ranked #1 in powertrain and chasis and experience. Slightly edged out by Ford in the vehicle category but took home the gold with a combined score of 212 over Ford at 205 and Chevy at 204. Our quarter mile time was 15.7 @ 91. I thought is would be faster. It was a Crew Cab Hemi 4x4 with 355s. I'm still hopeful my stocker is gonna hit 14s before mods! 500 pounds less and 392s should get me close!!!!

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The 3.55s KILLED that thing!

·
dotlow
1,443 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I see more 09 fords on the road than the 09 rams. I can go days without seeing a new ram, but I see the new fords everyday.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
I see more 09 Rams here than any other 09 Truck

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I think Dodge is going to improve a lot of things when it starts making the Titan (if it is a profitable company by that time). I see a 7 speed tranny as well as some sort of load leveling system to help boost the towing. A 6.5 foot bed will be there too. Of course this is all opinion, that should be produced:D:D:D

I had a feeling that Dodge would win the Car and Driver. They always seem to lean toward the most car like truck.

·
Quadder
433 Posts
I think the new ram is the best overall performer. The dodges have always been cheaper too.

The truck that is the most car like appeals to me because I'm not a big bad truck kinda guy. My use is more pedestrian and I like a truck to handle and be fast and still comfortable. The ford is a pig and the chevy is still too truck like for me.

I take interior space over bed length everyday.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think Dodge is going to improve a lot of things when it starts making the Titan (if it is a profitable company by that time). I see a 7 speed tranny as well as some sort of load leveling system to help boost the towing. A 6.5 foot bed will be there too. Of course this is all opinion, that should be produced:D:D:D

I had a feeling that Dodge would win the Car and Driver. They always seem to lean toward the most car like truck.
We ought to be getting a spectacular ZF Powerline 6spd transmission.

Designed for applications with 440 lb ft to 770 lb ft (and it should be in our 1/2 ton dodges regardless of the exact numbers). Estimated lifetime 435k miles, 75k fluid changes.

Will be out first on the 2010 titan, hopefully Dodge will adopt it. With them being essentially the same in teh future, it would be a great mid cycle upgrade for the 4th gen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
We ought to be getting a spectacular ZF Powerline 6spd transmission.

Designed for applications with 440 lb ft to 770 lb ft (and it should be in our 1/2 ton dodges regardless of the exact numbers). Estimated lifetime 435k miles, 75k fluid changes.

Will be out first on the 2010 titan, hopefully Dodge will adopt it. With them being essentially the same in teh future, it would be a great mid cycle upgrade for the 4th gen.
http://www.truckblog.com/story-2295...y_pickup_truck_gets_zf_powerline_transmission

Sorry about the double post, it wouldn't let me post a URL.

·
Mojo 2
416 Posts
Good to hear they didn't fold to the highest bidder like MotorTrend did. Saw my first F150 the other day.....what the hell are those bumps on the front bumper? Makes it look like its got swollen glands:D Just doesn't appeal to me but to each there own.

I'm seeing a lot of 08 Rams on the road around here. Folks are getting great deals on them.

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
ya I just picked up that magazine last night on my flight home from Chicago. I don't like how the Dodge is listed with the least amount of ground clearance...other than that I am looking to get one but I might wait til 2010 model. I haven't seen to many 09 rams in new england yet but as far as f150s I am not even sure if they are 09s when I see them cuz they all look similar to me (yuk).

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
126 Posts
I think Motor Trend will make up for their mistake and give the 2010 award to the Ram HD Just like in 03...that's if it's out by then

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Nice !!!!! :drivingz:

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
I think the new ram is the best overall performer. The dodges have always been cheaper too.

I take interior space over bed length everyday.
x2 on the performer comment. the only thing I have had an issue with the bed length is that on my 2000 I could close the gate with my ATV Ramps in the bed the 02 they stick out

·
"Joe the Bummer"
325 Posts
I must admit at least all three trucks in the comparo. looked good in them colors, except i'd go for a reg. or extended cab and lose the luxury stuff (i don't get why the Ford has to be that fancy for a work truck!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.