DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an 05 Hemi with the Magnaflow 14589 muffler on it. I have the muffler dumped, right in front fo the rear-axle. It has about a foot of piping after the muffler, and it exits towards the ground. Now my old truck was a 360, with Flowmasters and it sounded amazing, but this thing just sounds so quiet to me. I've had it on for about a month now, and yes it has gotten a little bit louder, but not much. Any advice on how to make it louder? I hear Hemi's driving around that sound amazing and I'm like ah god why can't mine sound like that? I do plan on getting an intake soon so hopefully that will help a little. I always thought that haveing a muffler "dumped" was supposed to make it loud, maybe not, any advice is awesome. Thanks guys, Pat.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Add a electric cutout between your cat and muffler. Can't get louder than that. You can turn it off and your back to the sound of your Magnaflow. They are awesome!!!

www.dmhperformance.com

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I dont know if I want to do anything that major, I'm sure it is sweet though. Maybe later on.....:)

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
hemiram544 said:
Hey guys, I have an 05 Hemi with the Magnaflow 14589 muffler on it. I have the muffler dumped, right in front fo the rear-axle. It has about a foot of piping after the muffler, and it exits towards the ground. Now my old truck was a 360, with Flowmasters and it sounded amazing, but this thing just sounds so quiet to me. I've had it on for about a month now, and yes it has gotten a little bit louder, but not much. Any advice on how to make it louder? I hear Hemi's driving around that sound amazing and I'm like ah god why can't mine sound like that? I do plan on getting an intake soon so hopefully that will help a little. I always thought that haveing a muffler "dumped" was supposed to make it loud, maybe not, any advice is awesome. Thanks guys, Pat.
If your old truck was a 2nd gen, you need to know that the 3rd gens are a lot quieter inside period. If you wanted real sound you maybe should've gone flowmaster again as Magnaflow is more of a strong-and-low kinda muffler. Also make sure you have nixed the resonator.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know Flowmaster is louder, but I heard that they lose back pressure on the Hemi's and I didn't want that. Oh the resonator is gone don't worry.

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
I think your problem is magnaflow

get an aero turbine 3030 (supposed loudest muffler for hemi) and actually gain a little bottom end and dump it

·
Registered
477 Posts
Make sure that you have removed the resonator. If you still have it on that is your problem.

·
Registered
921 Posts
What is a resonator? How do you remove it? I will shortly be having a Flowmaster exhaust put on my 2002 4.7L. Will the shop remove it for me? I assume it is something that quiets it down right?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Also, you happen to know prices on that electric cutout? They werent listed, which usually means high....

·
Registered
477 Posts
a resonator is something that quiets your exhaust down. I am not sure if the 4.7 has a resonator or not but I know the 5.7 does. I didnt have one on my 5.9....

As far as prices for electric cutout, do a search on the forum for electric cutout, you will find loads of info!

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
resonators are only on 04-05 1500's and it's like a second muffler right near the axle of your truck

·
Registered
44 Posts
"sounds great and has actually proven to be faster in the quarter mile "

Heya,

What was the difference at the track? Do you have before and after time slips? I'd like to see the breakdown, Thanks.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just loose the mufflers. I have an 04 with JBA headers and no mufflers, no resinator. I get more compliments on it than i can handle...I got a fat head now! :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
How Loud Do You Want?

Be careful what you wish for. In the Air Force, I worked on some really loud fighter jets. I thought the sound of afterburners kicking in was as sweet as it gets.
I retired from the U.S.A.F. 11 years ago. But, I still hear them 24 hours a day. Sometimes they get loud enough to wake me from a sound sleep.
Protect your hearing.

·
Registered
989 Posts
If the exhaust note gets to loud i just turn up the bass on my subs :rck:

·
Registered
921 Posts
So the resonators will not exist in a Flowmaster exhaust if I get it put on my truck? (Flowmasters not built with resonators?)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.