DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I dont know though. $30 for 4oz of wax seems like alot to me, when I can get a whole gallon of Meguiars for $30 and it looks just as good
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
571 Posts
04Laramie said:
I dont know though. $30 for 4oz of wax seems like alot to me, when I can get a whole gallon of Meguiars for $30 and it looks just as good
serious. i trust zaino. tried and true. thanks for the offer though!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
04Laramie said:
I dont know though. $30 for 4oz of wax seems like alot to me, when I can get a whole gallon of Meguiars for $30 and it looks just as good
This wax uses similar ingredients as Zymol and Victoria wax, which go for a lot more than $29.99. Meguiars and other OTC waxes just don't compare to true high carnauba wax.

Zaino is great wax I'm not doubting that, it has it's bandwagon. I'll be giving out some free samples of my wax, so you can compare them.


Here is a short video of the sheeting of Migliore:


The tester is a professional detailer and has over 5,000 post of Autopia and has years of experience in detailing. Here is what he thinks about Migliore:

tdekany said:
baseballlover1 - What wax did you use?

Sample that Don makes. He may chime in and tell you more about it.
Smells fantastic and feels like a very high quality wax for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I have used Meguiars for awhile now at my shop and I love it, my customers like the results they get, and this is how my prices are lower than anyone in town. I may have to try yours and do a side by compare
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Too many pics. I can wash mine and you can't tell when it was waxed. The shine is still excellent. Water beading on a fresh wax job is nothing to brag about unless it beads three to six months after wax. There is no best wax. The idea is keep it waxed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Don @ Migliore said:
This wax uses similar ingredients as Zymol and Victoria wax, which go for a lot more than $29.99. Meguiars and other OTC waxes just don't compare to true high carnauba wax.

Zaino is great wax I'm not doubting that, it has it's bandwagon. I'll be giving out some free samples of my wax, so you can compare them.
Got any labratory data on Migliore versus other waxes like 3M for instance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
04Laramie said:
I have used Meguiars for awhile now at my shop and I love it, my customers like the results they get, and this is how my prices are lower than anyone in town. I may have to try yours and do a side by compare
Do you run a body shop? I can understand using Meguiars for cost effectiveness, but for overall depth and reflection you'll see the difference. I can definitely work with you if you decided you would like to order in bulk for your business after you try it initially :).

As far as all waxes being the same, that's far from the truth. I've been detailing for years, not only are the results different, the ingredients used are as well. Some waxes are made for durability, some are made to produce the best shine, some are made with fillers, colors and scent agents, some are made with sealants to extend the longevity even longer. I could continue.

I haven't compared the wax with the 3m brand. Send me a PM and we'll get you a sample to do some testing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Don @ Migliore said:
This wax uses similar ingredients as Zymol and Victoria wax, which go for a lot more than $29.99. Meguiars and other OTC waxes just don't compare to true high carnauba wax.

Zaino is great wax I'm not doubting that, it has it's bandwagon. I'll be giving out some free samples of my wax, so you can compare them.


Here is a short video of the sheeting of Migliore:


The tester is a professional detailer and has over 5,000 post of Autopia and has years of experience in detailing. Here is what he thinks about Migliore:
Free samples? You said the magic words. Hey if you're looking for someone to test out that wax, you just let me know. I usually use Meguiars but would definitely want to try yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Does your wax leave a residue, chalky powder, white marks on plastic? How is it for cleaning the paint? What about hard water spots? Fallout?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
I actually have a home based detailing shop that I have been doing for about a year now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Whiskey City said:
All this thread is doing is making me wish for Spring...I need to wash my truck bad and it's too damn cold right now to do it!!!

Nice looking product and vehicles, BTW.
x2 business is slow now, and cant wait for spring. I need more mod money lol :rck:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
ultimate ram said:
Does your wax leave a residue, chalky powder, white marks on plastic? How is it for cleaning the paint? What about hard water spots? Fallout?
There no white residue at all, you'll find it's colorless and leaves a milky haze when applied. It does a good job with water spots, and tough areas but it's not be confused with a good prep and polish.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,065 Posts
Don @ Migliore said:
Do you run a body shop? I can understand using Meguiars for cost effectiveness, but for overall depth and reflection you'll see the difference. I can definitely work with you if you decided you would like to order in bulk for your business after you try it initially :).

As far as all waxes being the same, that's far from the truth. I've been detailing for years, not only are the results different, the ingredients used are as well. Some waxes are made for durability, some are made to produce the best shine, some are made with fillers, colors and scent agents, some are made with sealants to extend the longevity even longer. I could continue.

I haven't compared the wax with the 3m brand. Send me a PM and we'll get you a sample to do some testing.
Here is my point, I have seen one battery of testing on auto wax in my life and that was about 15 years ago in a Consumer Reports magazine. 3M was given the nod for the longest lasting rotection above all other. I have searched the internet as well for a certifed lab test of all the waxes and can't find a thing. In terms of what else is critical in a wax may be how much it shines BUT if I placed two identical trucks next to each other freshly polished and waxed I'll bet my life there s not a sinlge person on earth that can point to either of the vehicles and claim what brand(s) was used. So how do you test for shine and luster?How long does shine and luster last? Wth all due respect this is like claiming one gasoline or oil is better than the next. I have used as mant different chemicals as anyone and remain convinced they are the same in terms of luster. Protection may be different as one can notice when water stops beading or the paint fades after a couple years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
fmdog44 said:
Here is my point, I have seen one battery of testing on auto wax in my life and that was about 15 years ago in a Consumer Reports magazine. 3M was given the nod for the longest lasting rotection above all other. I have searched the internet as well for a certifed lab test of all the waxes and can't find a thing. In terms of what else is critical in a wax may be how much it shines BUT if I placed two identical trucks next to each other freshly polished and waxed I'll bet my life there s not a sinlge person on earth that can point to either of the vehicles and claim what brand(s) was used. So how do you test for shine and luster?How long does shine and luster last? Wth all due respect this is like claiming one gasoline or oil is better than the next. I have used as mant different chemicals as anyone and remain convinced they are the same in terms of luster. Protection may be different as one can notice when water stops beading or the paint fades after a couple years.
I understand you point, it may be hard for an untrained eye to notice the difference between wax A and B. But, anyone that details professionally can clearly make out the difference. If you haven't, frequent some detailing forums, they do side by side tests. You can even tell the difference between different detailers posts, because of the wax they use. Not only is it shine and luster immediately after you wax you car, but as mentioned shine and luster after a month of daily driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
725 Posts
Don @ Migliore said:
Not only is it shine and luster immediately after you wax you car, but as mentioned shine and luster after a month of daily driving.
that is the big part. almost any was or sealant will look good reight after a wax, but in a month how will it look
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Free bump. I say there's really no reason to argue who has more experience detailing. Just try the product first and if it doesn't deliver amazing results, you can post it up here. I for one would like to try it then give my .02
 
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top