DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting the alternator bracket, idler pulley, and power steering pump on I put the heater return line nipple that goes into the waterpump with the o-ring on and I didn't like the way it stuck up in front of the steering pump and with the heater hose going all the way across the motor, looks like crap. I decided to take the o-ring nipple off and drill and tap the waterpump for a 3/8 npt to -10 an fitting. I put some grease in the hole and on the drill bit and tap to keep shavings out of it. I got the AN fitting from summit and installed with some thread sealer. The heater hoses are going to be ran under the M1 intake to help declutter the motor.

Attachments

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
That sure is a sweet lookin' engine ... :rck:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Never liked that tube and the o-ring design. Still need a couple more parts and the motor will be done.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NO A/C. I didn't use it when I had it and it worked, now that it stopped working I decided to get rid of the whole thing.

Yes, stainless. Almost all of my bolts have been replaced with stainless!!!!!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting rid of the A/C and everything that goes with it and running the heater hoses under the M1 plus a few other things I have planned it should clean up the engine bay a whole lot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
where did you get your fuel rails for your engine I want a set.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the fuel rails from a friend that had 'em on his Dakota. He said they came with the truck so no idea who makes 'em. I only used the 4 old injectors that I had to help mock up the fuel rails for when I was putting the hoses together. I'm in the shopping mode for new injectors here in the near future.

·
Registered
66 Posts
is it wrong for me to say im jealous of that engine?? if i remember correctly you were building the 408 stroker, what parts you missing?

·
Registered
66 Posts
my truck is pretty much the same from last time, take a look at my avatar and its the same except the cummins work truck is on the left and dodge is on the right

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Injectors, plug wires, cap, rotor, e-fan, larger throttle body, all the sensors and the SCT Tuner. I'm sure theres more parts that I need. Transmission is almost done being rebuilt, I think he's waiting for the new torque convertor for it and then I can install that.
Thats a sweet looking truck that you have!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks its aight, been looking thru all the threads and man do I want to do everything everybody is doing spun360 has a sick looking clusterboard that I want to make it look like. All in good time after I'm done with mY stroker if i ever get done ill do the clusterboard. But how long have you been doing building this truck.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought this truck 8 years ago and did a couple things to it, 3 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift, and 35 inch tires. I thrashed it pretty good for a couple years, it started running bad and I had alot of other things on the burners so I parked it thinking I'd do something with it one day. Three years ago I pulled it out of the weeds to fix the motor and do some touch-ups on a couple rust holes that developed sitting in the weeds. I started tearing it apart finding other things wrong or needing to be fixed. After about six months of playing around with it in the driveway I finally said the hell with it I'm going to get serious about this and pushed it into the garage and started to do a complete teardown and rebuild. This is where I'm at now, still a long way to go. About every six months or so I set myself a goal and work toward that. My last goal was the drive train getting completed, I'm almost done with that. My new goal is to finish the body work so next spring I can paint it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can i have some?? very good looking engine!!! I'm also going to build a stroker although I'll be doing a 427. Im barely in step 1 which is research. cant wait till I place the order for the short block :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its a build in progress. I figure where or what I want to do next and start saving while I do some research and when I have enough money saved I do it. It takes a long time to finish this way but its the only option I have. This way also gives me awhile to decide what I want to do next and how.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thats just a flat out sexy looking engine! (is that wrong, haha! :D )
How about some specs? I need to build a new toy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.