DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4 door ram and just found some water under my back seats on the driver's side. Anyone have this problem? I will definitely be taking this back to the dealership.
Eddie

·
MORE! MORE! MORE!
2,914 Posts
I thought that there was a service bullitin about this wear the water was coming in from the door handels. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I looked at the same model truck as I ended up buying (somewhere else) before I bought mine; it was after a pretty heavy rain storm; and it had LOT of water standing in the storage area under the rear seat. The salesman said "...hmmm, we can wet-vac that out for you...". Needless to say I went somewhere else and have not had that problem on my truck.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
EddieO said:
I have a 4 door ram and just found some water under my back seats on the driver's side. Anyone have this problem? I will definitely be taking this back to the dealership.
Eddie
Do you have an antenna, poking out of your high level third light?
The seal there is temperamental at best and will leak if you don't use a silicone sealer it especially if a sirus/sat nav antenna is routed through it.

I did mine and no more problems.
Post up if this helps.
Al.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had this problem with my 06 right after I got it. Took it back and they took the rear window out and resealed/installed it as well as the 3rd brake light. A little while back I had a little bit of water again. Took it back and they said my sunroof drain channels were blocked. No clue how that happens when you never use the sunroof, but I haven't had another problem...yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my truck, water in the storage area under the driver side rear seat. The glass guy looked at it, and came up with two possibilities. 1) the window wasn't quite sealed correctly, or 2) The channel that drains along the inside of the sliding window got clogged and overflowed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.