DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any one has had issues with water getting in under the rear seat.
I have a 05 neon sxt.
I have had the carpet out to install rammat and insolite on the floor and noticed a puddle of water under the rear seat. I have no visible dripps or discoloring anywere on the intereor that would indicate a leak. But everytime it rains I get a puddle. Even with all the rammating and undercoating sprayed throughout the body channels.
I want to fix this before I sell the car.
Thanks.

I have rammat on the roof under head liner, rear deck, front to rear on floor and behind seats, completly lined trunk and spare tire, front doors inside and out. On top of rammat is a thick coating of rubberized undercoating. I have two cases of undercoating sprayed on top of rammat and all throughout the channels under the frame, also on the underside of bodypanels. have insolite front to rear of floor and various other places. The underneath is sprayed with chassis saver. All this was done when car was new.
I had never driven it in winter. However it does sit outside during the winter months and when spring comes around I have that puddle of water still under the seat.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
A guess wold be to look at the area around rear window, either from the trunk area or removing the seats. That amount of water should leave a trail.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was the first place I looked. Since everything is is layered with the rammat it makes it hard to pin point trails of water with the foil backing.
Ill have another look.
Push come to shove ill have to take the back seat out and run a water hose around the car while I check the inside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.