I just washed it and did not dry it so now I got big water spots
everywhere and they don't seem to come off to easy:ugh

what's best to use to get them off?

#2 ·
wet it down again and then dry it

#8 ·
Of corse you would say that .:ugh

#4 ·
My truck was covered with them/dirt and good ole az mud for 3 weeks before i went through the drive through wash. Surprised they were all gone considering it was my first time with the new paint and a hard paint to maintain at that.

Maybe just wash and and dry again and see what happens.

#5 ·
Wax It!!

#6 ·
first hand wax it , if it doesn't come off , buff it @ low rpm with a good glaze and then wax it again :teacher:

#7 ·
Waxing over water spots will seal them in. Try rewashing and if that doesn't work, claybar it. Eiher dry quicker next time or use a water filter on your hose.

#11 ·
I run a automotive detail product business part time and know that clay bar will work, it may take some time. There are two different types of clay bar, the standard blue and they make a red clay bar which is stronger. I have seen the red do a good job on really bad water spots it just takes time. The only other alternative is an acid wash, (yes I said acid wash)... It works in half the time but you REALLY got to know what your doing when you use it. Its made for water spots.

#14 ·
I too have some big water spots on the hood of my ram that will not go away. I'll give the red clay bar a try.

Thanks for the info prczx6r

#16 ·
Wow wax over water spots really? If you have a dark truck wash it and dry it in sections. Start from the top and work down. I use a squeegee and a microfiber towel. Works wonders. I've got to finish my truck up tomorrow and show off some zaino pics, i don't think that fukken could ever hold up to that stuff. Do it right and the stuff lasts nine months to a year.

#17 ·
Anyone who wants to compare Fukken to Zaino is nutz. ;) The difference in price and application time is huge! Fukken is not for everyone, nor is Zaino. End of the day, its all about what fits the budget and time you have to invest in your ride.

#20 ·
So if you stop working for fukken will you still use it? Have a good night.

#22 ·
I use DUCKY Water Spot Removal.

#23 ·
an older post here never thought of using vinegar....

Yes it's possible that the spots are embedded in the paint but before you think of opting for a paint job, have you tried a clay bar on them? Other than a clay bar or a good chemical polish, I've done this before, but be careful, take some white distilled vinegar and cut it with water to a 50/50 solution, dampen a rag with the liquid and try rubbing an area somewhere it can't be seen first and try and get the spots out this way. You can go up to a 70/30 solution but again be careful. Don't let it sit on the paint too long, rinse it quickly.
Good luck, and let us know your results!

#25 ·
Finally the "right" answer -- 50/50 vinegar and water solution. Apply to one panel at a time. Rub lightly and then rinse. Wash with carwash solution and rinse again. Follow up with wax.

Tom

#26 ·
I dont work for them but ill say it...fuken wax gets rid of water spots. I was on their web site last week and saw what i thought was a ridicules claim of waxing a dirty truck. Figured it would scratch and swirl it up. I tried it on a lower portion of my door and to my surprise...it worked. Did the whole truck and ended up with the best wax job i have ever had. Keep in mind...it was dirty. Dust, bird $iht, water spots you name it. No more zano, no more macguires, no more crap turtle wax for me. If i find something better, ill post about it.

#29 ·
Why would you want to wax a dirty truck? Wax is supposed to be a protectant not a soap, clay-bar and polish all in one. Does this stuff protect against door dings and hail stones too? Somebody is seriously going to jack there paint up thinking they can wax with grit all over there paint. This reminds me of the nu finish infomercials back in the day.

#28 ·
I use stoner window spray for my glass with a newspaper. Seems to do the trick. But if you get a squeegee and use it when washing you don't have to worry about water spots.

#30 ·
try it

#33 ·
0000 steel wool also gets it right off. use soapy water so you dont scratch the glass

#34 ·
i'm with prczx6r. I second the wheel acid. I've have done this a few times to my windows. It also works good on paint as long as you wax it after. I mix mine 30% acid and 70 percent water in a spray bottle.

#38 ·
Like said, rub a dab of white vinegar onto the spot then wash/wax whatever

#39 ·
I don;t wash my RAM with it, but I was REALLY impresed with the ease and speed that it made my RAM shine!. Also, I have REALLLLLLY hard water. Allways get water spots. Fukken Wax took the water spots out instantly, and made my tinted glass look better than has ever looked.

One day, I noticed bird crap on my box rail. It was dried and baked on by the sun. I figured, well, lets give this waterless washing thing a try. Little spray, and a wipe, buff, no dodo doo doo and truck looked awesome! thumbs up

#41 ·
I don;t wash my RAM with it, but I was REALLY impresed with the ease and speed that it made my RAM shine!. Also, I have REALLLLLLY hard water. Allways get water spots. Fukken Wax took the water spots out instantly, and made my tinted glass look better than has ever looked.

One day, I noticed bird crap on my box rail. It was dried and baked on by the sun. I figured, well, lets give this waterless washing thing a try. Little spray, and a wipe, buff, no dodo doo doo and truck looked awesome! thumbs up
x2, I had bird doodie on my truck too, it came right off. ;)

It was soooo nice to watch the rain bead off my truck today from the Fukken wax. :)

#40 ·
If it was my truck I would clean it, clay bar everything inculding the glass, and then wax the truck. It wouldn't be a bad time to try Fukken Wax.

:)

#43 ·
Ben - I'm not getting into a debate with you man. I know I am not going to "win" you over, and thats fine. Enjoy your favorite wax, I'll enjoy mine.

BTW, truck looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.