DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.7 liter HEMI, and i was wondering if water-methanol injection would do anything for me??

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
I don't see how it would do much unless you are FI. But I suppose if you run 50% Meth with a custom tune you could take some advantage maybe.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a diablo sport predator programmer in it..but more less it wouldn't be worth spending the 300 bucks on the water-meth system?

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
What other mods do you have? Are you using canned programs on your diablo or do you have a custom tuner or CMR or something?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
W/M with a stock n/a engine won't do much of anything at all. The water helps with cooling the intake charge, so does the methanol as well as increasing the octane rating which a stock Hemi really doesn't need. Being n/a, the w/m will displace some of your air and fuel which could actually hurt your performance where on a boosted application, it's being forced in until the valve slams shut. There is a positive side to adding a w/m kit to your stock n/a engine....I've heard of guy's installing one of those kits and besides adding w/m, they also added a couple oz of nitro methane to the mix and claimed they picked up another 30-40 hp according to their time slips.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
would nitro methane be safe?
LOL as with everything only in moderation.

Nitromethane is wicked stuff. If track officials smell it they will kick you out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
haha..yea i've seen what it does to top fuel cars. so i think i'm goin to stay away from that on a pretty stock hemi LOL

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
Whats water/methanol and nitromethane?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
haha..yea i've seen what it does to top fuel cars. so i think i'm goin to stay away from that on a pretty stock hemi LOL
Snow Performance sells the stuff to go along with their kit....With instructions :D

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
i have a kit for sale that i had on my stroker motor.. made 11 more hp

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I would use water/meth more to help with bringing down EGT's in a turbo setup (the water part) and so you could run more timing (the meth part). Id save the money on the water/meth, for the $300+ it would cost you to get a complete setup you could pick up a used nitrous setup if you don't already have it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.