DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having any problems with water leaking where the rook and the rear hatch meet? It only happens about 50% of the time when it is raining? Mine is a 2004 with 10,000miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
YES!! Mine is an 04 Limited with 11,000 miles. Leaks all the time if raining or I wash it. Dealer says its the left upper hinge on the liftgate. It actually in right now getting fixed. They gave me a crappy Sebring to drive as a loaner!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let me know

Let me know how they fixed yours. I had my fixed last week and they also said it
was the passenger side hinge. All they did was put some clear color glue or sealant
all over it, I thought this a cheap bad fix, but as yet it has not leaked anymore and it
has rained here in Ga. everyday day for the last month.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Basically, it was a bandaid fix. And it didn't work. The tech put some dark gray epoxy looking stuff inside the truck by the weatherstrip seal. Totally missed sealing where the water was entering from by the hinge area. On top of a poorly executed repair, the dealer had my truck for over a week, first said they could not find the leak, then said the leak was fixed, then said the leak was not fixed, when I went to pick the truck up they showed me the "repair" like they were all proud of it, and then yesterday I had to call them back because it was raining and the hingle was still leaking.

BTW....all this is after they attempted to detail my truck three times because the tech working on it got his greasy hand and boot prints all over the door panels, floor mats, and carpet the first time my D went into have the leak diagnosed.

I have had the absolute worst warranty repair experience with this dealer!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.