DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Me and Nick (02_4pnt7) both ran great times last night in the 1/8. I ran a 9.334 @ 78.68 and he ran a 9.338 @ 76.15. The DA was about -1100. Hopefully tonight we'll both have some new 1/4 mile times as well. We both were using his 28" M&H Racemaster Drag Radials, and I was using my new headlight track intake. That -1100 DA is about 700 lower than it was last week when he ran his 9.45 and I ran my 9.7

That makes me the fastest NA Dodge Ram 4.7 and it makes him the Fastest Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4.7 period

·
Registered
448 Posts
those are some great times! especially for a 4.7 with your mods. I bet with some gears and a stall you could get into the high 8's.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those are some great times! especially for a 4.7 with your mods. I bet with some gears and a stall you could get into the high 8's.
no doubt, but I got no money! lol

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
watch out fellas.... theres one dirty dodge in arkansas thats coming for your spots and then some.... muhuhahahahahahaha

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
watch out fellas.... theres one dirty dodge in arkansas thats coming for your spots and then some.... muhuhahahahahahaha
Ah, we'll still have the NA records lol

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
thats true! congrats nonetheless guys, its great so see you two running so strong with these basic mods. kinda makes me really look hard at the old times of adam and zach and wonder what the hell they were doing, ya know...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
-1100 DA!?!?!?! Well heck man according to Marty at KRC you NEVER get anything remotely close to good racing weather in FL?!?!? I mean that's why he said us TX boys could NEVER even break into the 14's there!?!?!?!? And apparently why he never could? :D All sarcasm aside, excellent runs guys!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats true! congrats nonetheless guys, its great so see you two running so strong with these basic mods. kinda makes me really look hard at the old times of adam and zach and wonder what the hell they were doing, ya know...
well nick's mods aren;t all that basic, but he still running great times, his truck is freakin heavy too. Hell he even has steel step bars on the sides! Mine of course is the 08, and we're both impressed with it's power with extremely basic mods (intake, exhaust, tune)

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
-1100 DA!?!?!?! Well heck man according to Marty at KRC you NEVER get anything remotely close to good racing weather in FL?!?!? I mean that's why he said us TX boys could NEVER even break into the 14's there!?!?!?!? And apparently why he never could? :D All sarcasm aside, excellent runs guys!!! :rck: :rck: :rck:
Eh, this is rare, wait till the summer gets here...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Oh believe me we get our hot humid days too. Our tracks are at 600' and the DA in the summer gets around +3500'. But still anything under +1000' is good racing weather. Hope you hit a 1/4 track soon while you have really good air! :tup: Hey while you're there see what that track intake does for you, can you swap it on and off to see how well it performs on your truck?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Oh and the best weather I've hit here in DFW is -500', down in Houston they get some freaky good air occasionally in the winter.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
-1100 DA!
Hail I need to move to FL.. -1100 here and it'd be about 32 Deg on a great day, and you guys are probably running around in tee shirts.

Great times guys, keep chewing away at em.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Oh believe me we get our hot humid days too. Our tracks are at 600' and the DA in the summer gets around +3500'. But still anything under +1000' is good racing weather. Hope you hit a 1/4 track soon while you have really good air! :tup: Hey while you're there see what that track intake does for you, can you swap it on and off to see how well it performs on your truck?
lol I thought anything under 2000 was good racing weather and anything under 2500 was decent.
No wonder I end up at the track so often :(

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going tonight while it's still great weather! The intake cut off .2 alone when I put my street tires back on, but it was like a 700 DA difference so more like .1

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
-1100 DA!
Hail I need to move to FL.. -1100 here and it'd be about 32 Deg on a great day, and you guys are probably running around in tee shirts.

Great times guys, keep chewing away at em.

FL sucks man, I've lived here all my life. This weather really is extremely rare, so that's why I'm going like every week lol

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
FL sucks man, I've lived here all my life. This weather really is extremely rare, so that's why I'm going like every week lol
I'm sure it is rare, but in the summer when it's high 90's -100's and dripping humidify here, it's probably more like 80's and dripping humidity there.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sure it is rare, but in the summer when it's high 90's -100's and dripping humidify here, it's probably more like 80's and dripping humidity there.

haha I wish, it normally gets to be about high 90s with the humidy in the 90s as well

·
Full Time Racer
393 Posts
My track-2871ft

Best DA alt. 1700ft/winter

Summer DA 5500/6200ft

Ya'ii come up heah to go down track! Open invite!:thatfunny

Tonite is T&T, see what I can do!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
haha I wish, it normally gets to be about high 90s with the humidy in the 90s as well
does sounds a lot like here, but dang it, you can just pack it up and make a short jaunt to the beach.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
My track-2871ft

Best DA alt. 1700ft/winter

Summer DA 5500/6200ft

Ya'ii come up heah to go down track! Open invite!:thatfunny

Tonite is T&T, see what I can do!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
shoot you should head out tonight so your truck can used to actually having oxygen to breathe before Sun.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.