DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm moving to that area for sure in about a month. Will I need to plug my truck in over night in that area in the winter? I have never been there before so any help is appreciated.
I ask this because I drive a diesel & it's my first diesel.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
bamataco said:
I'm moving to that area for sure in about a month. Will I need to plug my truck in over night in that area in the winter? I have never been there before so any help is appreciated.
I ask this because I drive a diesel & it's my first diesel.
\

its dc area man.. not alaska.. lol.. if that is your talking about engine heater..

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
nope

won't need one.....

I lived about 15 mins from the Smithsonian and 10 - 15 mins away from the Orieles baseball field ... 1/2 way between DC and Baltimore ... when I worked at NSA

didn't need one

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
RAM MAN said:
nope

won't need one.....

I lived about 15 mins from the Smithsonian and 10 - 15 mins away from the Orieles baseball field ... 1/2 way between DC and Baltimore ... when I worked at NSA

didn't need one
smithsonian downtown dc?

what do you drive a jet? lol.. :D

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
lx1x said:
smithsonian downtown dc?

:confused:

my bad .... I used to work at NSA .......

its been about 15 years since I lived there ... must have just seemed like it didn't take that long ....

:banghead:

didn't mean to mislead on the time line .... but I never did use a engine heater while I was there ... that much I do remember

L O L

;)

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
RAM MAN said:
:confused:

my bad .... I used to work at NSA .......

its been about 15 years since I lived there ... must have just seemed like it didn't take that long ....

:banghead:

didn't mean to mislead on the time line .... but I never did use a engine heater while I was there ... that much I do remember

L O L

;)
haha..:thatfunny :thatfunny

fifteen years ago.. nothing much around that area.. now its booming like crazy .. new housing developments and such..

i just did saw an add for employment for nsa few weeks back.. i was really contemplating on applying.. but then again.. it will be farther where i work now.. lol i live atleast 1 1/2 hour south of nsa (southern maryland)

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
akafoxxman said:
I know ...right:)
hey.. you live same area my old brother does... and of course near the meccah (bass pro shop... lol)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys. I knew that it got colder there than here, but I just didn'y know how cold. And this is my first deisel engined truck so I wasn't sure at what point(temperature wise) you needed to start plugging it in.

·
Capt. Jack Sparrow
1,487 Posts
welcome to the area man, hit me up sometime. i'm gunna be hosting some meets here in the baltimore area.

lx1x said:
smithsonian downtown dc?

sounds like someone lived in laurel :thatfunny

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JimiPop said:
welcome to the area man, hit me up sometime. i'm gunna be hosting some meets here in the baltimore area.

sounds like someone lived in laurel :thatfunny

Will do thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
aaahhh - an oil-burner (diesel)...

If it is parked outside in February - it can get 10 deg below once a winter... Mostly hovers around 20 deg or so.... for awhile. There will also be at least one Saturday with temps in the 50s so you can wash the salt off! ;)

Welcome to the area! Please remember:

*Turn signals can cause the other vehicle to speed up... Me? My turn signal: 'I didn't ask permission to change lanes - 'ahm jus' lettin' you know 'ahm coming over! What you do with that information is up to you'... ;)
*Other drivers are NOT telling you that you are 'Number One' ;)
*'Merge' means at the last possible moment - please cut off the other drivers who have waited patiently...
*Ignore the speed limit. If you do 55mph on the Beltway - it better be on the shoulder with the flashers on!
* Traffic. Deal with it. Many areas in NOVA grew 500% in population in five years.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
Beach Assault said:
aaahhh - an oil-burner (diesel)...

If it is parked outside in February - it can get 10 deg below once a winter... Mostly hovers around 20 deg or so.... for awhile. There will also be at least one Saturday with temps in the 50s so you can wash the salt off! ;)

Welcome to the area! Please remember:

*Turn signals can cause the other vehicle to speed up... Me? My turn signal: 'I didn't ask permission to change lanes - 'ahm jus' lettin' you know 'ahm coming over! What you do with that information is up to you'... ;)
*Other drivers are NOT telling you that you are 'Number One' ;)
*'Merge' means at the last possible moment - please cut off the other drivers who have waited patiently...
*Ignore the speed limit. If you do 55mph on the Beltway - it better be on the shoulder with the flashers on!
* Traffic. Deal with it. Many areas in NOVA grew 500% in population in five years.
hey.. did you go to the same driving school i went to? hahaha :thatfunny :thatfunny

·
Capt. Jack Sparrow
1,487 Posts
:thatfunny :thatfunny

i hate that fkn beltway

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW thats COLD. At this point I don't know if I'll be parking out side or not. The first week of December we are going to the DC area to find a place.

·
Kasey Kahne #9
6,013 Posts
bamataco said:
WOW thats COLD. At this point I don't know if I'll be parking out side or not. The first week of December we are going to the DC area to find a place.
depends which area you go.. there are quite a few area that are nice.. good luck on the move:gr_patrio

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Yeah, but the cold snap only lasts a week and occurs only once or twice a winter. Mostly temperate here. I would call it a fair mix of the four seasons.

Let us know where you will work & we can give you tips on where to look for housing (affordable or otherwise). Give us a 'range' of what you are looking for. I am within an hour of the city and live on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay...

·
Capt. Jack Sparrow
1,487 Posts
isnt it nice... in january, 2 feet of snow, 65 degrees out?

:huh:

i love this state LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.