DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed to go move a piano for my parents church and on the way I lost my power brakes. It was everything I could do to get there safely. When I got there I checked fuses and looked around and the brake booster hose has come off the intake manifold. EZ fix but I will definitely be picking up some hose clamps tomorrow.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
It's frightening isn't it when you loose PS or PB.
I remember when I first got my Hemi. She needed a tune up real bad especially the TB clean.
She would stall at low speeds.
I was approaching a large roundabout (a big circular road traffic management system for my American cousins lol) and the truck stalled.
Trying to brake and turn the steering wheel to get around this, this was a nightmare.
I'm a very strong bloke and it took some stomping and turning to get her where I wanted to go.
It's such a shock when you don't realise, that your trucks not running and you have no power anything.
Still.....I don't have that problem now, as I run 100% of the time with my 3" stainless custom exhaust system with my DMH cutout open.:ecool:
I really notice nowadays, that the engine isn't running :D
Good to here like me, you came outa' this unscathed but with brown shorts lol.;)
Al.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Damn dude...makes me wanna check mine.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
Sounds like a fun time behind the wheel; glad you're OK.

:)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just the MOPAR Gods keeping you on your toes.;)

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's frightening isn't it when you loose PS or PB.
I remember when I first got my Hemi. She needed a tune up real bad especially the TB clean.
She would stall at low speeds.
I was approaching a large roundabout (a big circular road traffic management system for my American cousins lol) and the truck stalled.
Trying to brake and turn the steering wheel to get around this, this was a nightmare.
I'm a very strong bloke and it took some stomping and turning to get her where I wanted to go.
It's such a shock when you don't realise, that your trucks not running and you have no power anything.
Still.....I don't have that problem now, as I run 100% of the time with my 3" stainless custom exhaust system with my DMH cutout open.:ecool:
I really notice nowadays, that the engine isn't running :D
Good to here like me, you came outa' this unscathed but with brown shorts lol.;)
Al.
Thanks man, I am glad to be unscathed!

Sounds like a fun time behind the wheel; glad you're OK.

:)
Thanks man! It was not to bad, I just used both feet and my gears to keep from hitting anything. It could have turned out bad though.

that sucks. i wonder why that happened
Well I was having a little fun the other day doing some hard launches from the dig, motor TQ'in over must have made it get loose. Guess I loosed it up enough to finally fall off.

Just the MOPAR Gods keeping you on your toes.;)
You ain't kiddin!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Its your truck trying to tell you to stop screwing with it.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
Oh no run away Ram!!!!....Good thing you didnt have to slow down with the help of a Police Officer...lol

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.