DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long have you had to do without your ride while in shop for warranty work. would like to start poll on this but do not know how to do it, my truck has been in shop from 10 feb they tell me it will be ready 29 march. i hope it is. i will be posting complete diary of this experance after i get my truck back.

·
Registered
683 Posts
What the heck are they doing to it, rebuilding from bumper to bumper? Longest my truck was in was 5 business days, and that was to have the block replaced. Which they screwed up anyway...

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took it to dealer on feb 10 with low compression on #4 cyl. it took them untill 18 feb to finally pull the rt head to see that #4 piston had came apart, the rest has just been f/u time as for as i am concerened like i say i have a detailed account of this an will post as soon as i get my truck back, hope it will be 29 march, heard from them last on 24 march said they were waiting on exhaust gaskets

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
took me 1 1/2 weeks for a fuse box

·
Registered
10 Posts
Took mine 2 weeks to have them replace the bearings in my 2008 3500 Dually 6 speed manual, Parts were ordered and did come pretty fast. Trans is quiet now and no complaints from me. Maybe a parts hold up or you just got a dealer lolygaging and not concerned about fixing your truck in a timely manner. I would be having a talk with the Service Mngr soon. Good Luck and hope you get her back soon.:cool:

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
never more then a couple of hours.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
:popcorn:

·
ak_ram
48 Posts
5 days for a trans rebuild and it has been kinda funny ever sence

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
I had an '88 Chevy 1500 that stayed in the shop for six work days. The alternator snapped the bolts holding it to the block. The bolts had to be ordered from Canada and the remains drilled out. Those bolts broke exactly a month later and the belt took out all the belt-driven accessories (A/C, PS and alternator). They were better prepared then -- only took two days.

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just got back today still no truck, they said the right head had a gasket leak , said chrysler sent 2 gaskets for left head said it was chryslers fault it had nothing to do with parts dept. who ordered the parts or parts dept. who checked in arriving parts, parts personel that pulled parts for this job,and i guess even the tech who installed the wrong gasket did not have anything to do with it just good ole chrysler..

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
just got back today still no truck, they said the right head had a gasket leak , said chrysler sent 2 gaskets for left head said it was chryslers fault it had nothing to do with parts dept. who ordered the parts or parts dept. who checked in arriving parts, parts personel that pulled parts for this job,and i guess even the tech who installed the wrong gasket did not have anything to do with it just good ole chrysler..
if they have a tech that installed a head gasket on the wrong side then I would request that someone else work on the truck.
I know a few people on here have done it but it was their first time doing heads. I don't think anyone here has gotten it wrong more than once.

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i wish i had a webb address to some one a chrysler to go over all this with, ihave tried a web add. [email protected] it is sopposed to be for the national service mananger for chrysler but it will not go through, as for the tech he is the only one they got. i do not expect this engine to last without a lot of future problems. the way they ordered it was short block 4 days later rt head, and oil pump 1 1//2weeks later left head not i got a peaced together engine why they did not get a long block just dont make sence to me, anyone know of some body to help please respond

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
call the toll free number listed on the dodge customer assitance web page. I believe that is the number I started with when I had all my problems. I know you can also open a complaint on their website but calling would be faster.

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i have already tried the 800#s not a whole lot of help, need to get deeper into the heart of things, just seem to me no one gives a big sh-t any more a wants to point blame in any direction but thiers

·
rdm531
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
9 april 2010 still no truck service mananger said him an gen mananger were going to have meeting today about my problem,, my problem is I WANT MY TRUCK thats all i ask of them

·
Registered
683 Posts
This is ridiculous. Someone's not doing their job. I wonder if you can demand they haul it to another dealer that wants to do the work.

·
T O P L E S S
812 Posts
Should have took it to another dealership the first day when they said it was going to take that long, of course that does not help now.
If I were you and let it go this far, I would go tomorrow and have them discontinue any work and not to touch it. Find another dealership, explain to the new dealership what is going on and that I lost all confidence and trust and ask if they can help. Hopefully they say yes, if not then find a dealership that will. I would get a ticket started with Dodge.com so that it is in the system and would carry with me to all dealerships to let them know what has been going on. I would ask for a meeting with the owner within the day and nicely explain to him/her what is going on with the service and what my intentions are moving forward.
I would hope that this would yield a solution. If it does not, then you can bend over and take it or contact your Attorney General and ask for suggestions from being violated by a car dealership.

Thats what I would do.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I would be on the phone to dodge every day as well as the dealer. Thats what I had to do. There is no reason for them to take this long to fix any part of the truck. If they can not get whatever internal engine part is needed they can get a complete engine from dodge in a matter of days. At this point I think I would start demanding a complete new engine.

Tell dodge and the dealer that you are going to getting a lawyer to sue them for all the mental anguish they have caused you. If you are still making payments tell them you are going to sue for those as well. if they want to keep it for a couple months then they should make the payments.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.