DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...60,000kms comes fast! I'm only 5000kms (3000mile) away from the end of my bumper to bumper warranty. No problems yet, but I almost want to take advantage of something while it's still covered.

Anyone know if TSB's are covered only under warranty...I wanna get my door seals replaced.

Any input would be great.:help:

·
Banned
462 Posts
i've heard (coughs...) that if you can live with the cel light on, you may want to yank fuse #35. should be for abs. so i've heard. might buy you some time. of course I would never advocate anything deviant, just passing along some heresay.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bad munky said:
i've heard (coughs...) that if you can live with the cel light on, you may want to yank fuse #35. should be for abs. so i've heard. might buy you some time. of course I would never advocate anything deviant, just passing along some heresay.
i'm missing something??:huh:

·
Banned
462 Posts
well, supposedly it saves your mileage (stops odometer). extends your warranty if you don't get caught. downside is, is if later on if you sell your truck, you'll have to live w/ knowing that you just duped someone. rationale that was relayed to me was, that the dealer is always screwing you...screw them right back. idk, use that however you see fit. if I was that close to being out of warranty, i'd have my truck in for every little thing.

·
Banned
462 Posts
well, I just went back and re-read my previous posts, and realized how everything I said sounded. I don't want anybody to think of me as being sneaky. i'm not like that. just thought that i'd throw the idea out there, after all, different strokes for different folks...right? all apologies if anyone mistook what I was saying....and just haven't posted their rebuttles yet

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bad munky said:
well, supposedly it saves your mileage (stops odometer). extends your warranty if you don't get caught. downside is, is if later on if you sell your truck, you'll have to live w/ knowing that you just duped someone. rationale that was relayed to me was, that the dealer is always screwing you...screw them right back. idk, use that however you see fit. if I was that close to being out of warranty, i'd have my truck in for every little thing.
huh...tricky. Now, DC can't figure that out somehow can they?

·
Banned
462 Posts
well, I would assume that upon placing the fuse back in. and if you do get a cel....could always have it reset prior to taking it in for work.

·
Banned
462 Posts
bad munky said:
well, I would assume that upon placing the fuse back in. and if you do get a cel....could always have it reset prior to taking it in for work.
that and the fact that fuses are designed to fail. I guess that could always be somebodys defense .

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what's a cel?

anyways....I wanted this post to try and figure out any problems that I should be looking for...not really on how to lengthen it....

thanks, but how about some trouble shooting tips for things that people have had problems with??

·
They call me Radio
4,809 Posts
CEL = Check Engine Light

·
Where is my money tree?
793 Posts
Rear Diff

Got any annoying squeks? leaks?

I presume your drivetrain warranty is still going--where the real problems occur.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jeepstudchris said:
Got any annoying squeks? leaks?

I presume your drivetrain warranty is still going--where the real problems occur.
Ya, true. I'm gonna get my mechanic to give it a once over at it's next oil change...check for leaks ect...

thanks.

·
Are we going down?
787 Posts
Is Drivetrain warranty up to 100,000km (60,000miles) if so I may have to pull fuse #35. ;)

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
what about on an 05'? still fuse #35

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.