DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are tires covered under factory warranty if I have only had the car since April??? My tire sensor light keeps coming on, even after I check the tire pressure and they seem to be fine. I don't know if I'm missing something with my tires, if I have a problem with one of them. OR if my sensor is just out of wack. Any ideas on this?

·
ALWAYS BEEN SLOW
776 Posts
Mines doing it as well (Since new),Not sure what one is setting error

The 300 would state what tire triggers the error including the spare tire

They are under warranty,Just the trouble to go to the dealership and leaving the car
Goodluck,Keep us updated

RICK

·
Registered
59 Posts
mine kept doing it as well was driving me nuts i normally run my tires at 32 so i bumped them up to 35 about a month and a half ago and havent seen the light since

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't have the computer that tells the individual tire pressures, but I do have the tire pressure monitoring system, and a light will come on and warn me if they get to a low pressure. I have yet to see the light come on (except when starting the vehicle. It is the yellow light under the D for Drive on the right instrument panel).

If the monitor is going off, and telling you the tires are low, and you manually check them and they are okay, then, yes they will diagnose and figure out what the problem is with your monitoring system. The tires themself are not covered under warranty because they are a normal wear and tear item, unless they are stated in the lifetime warranty (if you have that warranty - I was unlucky and purchased before that warranty came out).

I would contact your dealer by phone and ask them what is covered, and see if they can get it fixed, also see if they will get you a rental car/loaner while your Avenger is being fixed, that could be under your warranty as well.

Last time my Avenger was in the shop they got me a Nitro for 4 days as they tore apart my transmission.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Tires themselves are not under warranty by the dealership as they are a "wear item". However, your tire pressure sensor system definitely is. I'd bet thats your problem and not the tires themselves.
I'd definitely take it to the dealer and have them check your sensors.
I hate when bells go off in my car...drives me crazy lol. :crazy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have been having the same trouble with mine, seems to happen after about 30 min of driving, its been driving the dealer mad. been back 4 times so far 2 modules replaced and still happening. i just keep losing one psi pressure monitor at a time(TPM warning then ---- )were readout should be.have to admit the guys i bought the car from have been great, loan car, no wait .but it is a little frustrating this cant be sorted out.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If it was driving me nuts I'd rip the thing out. How many of us went years without having a sensor like that? I hear they're not accurate anyway. But then it's supposed to work right and you should be able to use it. :crazy: I've heard somewhere weird things happen with our cars when it's cold out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.