DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing the warning sticker on diesel pumps stating: "Warning: Low Sulfer Diesel. Federal law prohibits use of this diesel in 2007 model engines. Use of this diesel will damage your engine."

So does this mean that diesel pumps will now have two formulas of diesel at every pump?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nope, From what I have read everybody will be required to be sell 15 PPM diesel by Oct 15. 2006

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I'm picking up my 07 this weekend and I will fuel up at any convenient pump.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I saw the same stickers and was wondering this myself. So what exactly is going to damage the engine? Is there something different about 2007 model diesels that will make them run on a different blend? What happens to diesels from 2006 and older?

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got Diesel? said:
I'm picking up my 07 this weekend and I will fuel up at any convenient pump.
ya, but you won't have the new 6.7L only those built after Jan. 01 will have the new emissions equipment. So you'll be fine, yours will still be the 5.9L

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
You're probably already using ULSD and didn't know it. My last two tanks of fuel has been ULSD. I can tell by the drop in fuel economy.

MikeyB

·
Registered
418 Posts
it's been falling a .10 a week a year ago road fuel was 3.10 and farm fuel was 2.89 so 2.32 road fuel and 1.90 farm fuel its plenty high but we have seen alot worse, I heard the new fuel is supose to be as clear as water (does that hold true?)

·
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTS-4120 said:
I heard the new fuel is supose to be as clear as water (does that hold true?)
If that is true, then its gonna make it hard to drain the water from the water trap...how will you know when the water ends and the diesel begins??

·
Registered
576 Posts
I may be going nuts, but the last few times I filled up the fuel looked greener then ever. The sticker on the pump still says LSD, maybe I'm just going color blind. Usually the fuel is more foamy and darker in color.

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
I noticed the fuel has a blueish green tint.

MikeyB

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
It looks a little green to me too. We have had ULSD for about 3 months, price here is $2.99/gal. I lost 2-3mpg with the stuff, started using a MMO/PS mix and am back up to the mileage I was getting. It smells a little different too.

CD

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey I talked to the guys at my local station today. They did say they started getting the new ULSD however they cannot mark the pumps till at least 3 fuel deliveries. Guess they gotta kinda flush out the old stuff. But either way, I did notice a diffrence in color, but thats about it. I pay close attention to my fuel milage as I spend nearly 500 bucks a week on fuel. We'll see how it changed over the next few days.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does that MMO/PSD really improve your mileage? I think mabey there switching in my area cause my mileage sucks for the last 3 fills.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.