DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a buddy who has a 1979 W150. It is a short wheel base, step side and it originally had the wood bed in it. It also has what looks to be bucket seats with sort of a jumper seat in the middle.
I was just wondering if Dodge made just a plain ole short base, step side truck or if maybe this is the Warlock I've heard about? Is there any definite way to distinguish a Warlock from the other standard model?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've got a buddy who has a 1979 W150. It is a short wheel base, step side and it originally had the wood bed in it. It also has what looks to be bucket seats with sort of a jumper seat in the middle.
I was just wondering if Dodge made just a plain ole short base, step side truck or if maybe this is the Warlock I've heard about? Is there any definite way to distinguish a Warlock from the other standard model?
Yep they made plain ole short wb stepsides, got 2 of them.

Warlock would/should have the little stripey decals

http://images.google.com/images?um=...e+warlock&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&start=0

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have the VIN and he painted the truck flat black. He only uses it for hunting and such. I was just wondering if he might have the Warlock there.

·
'79CA Emission Certified
185 Posts
One of the easiest ways to tell about seeing if it's a Warlock is the dash gauge pack and inside door sheet metal. The dash gauge pack surround is flat black with a gold stripe on the perimeter. The upper door and lower door (where a 6x9 speaker would go) also has the gold stripes. There are more options on the Warlock but these are the easiest to se with a repaint.See photo inset.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the easiest ways to tell about seeing if it's a Warlock is the dash gauge pack and inside door sheet metal. The dash gauge pack surround is flat black with a gold stripe on the perimeter. The upper door and lower door (where a 6x9 speaker would go) also has the gold stripes. There are more options on the Warlock but these are the easiest to se with a repaint.See photo inset.
I didn't notice that. Next time I'm over there, I'll look more closely. So really, the Warlock is nothing more than a standard stepside, just more options available to it? No engine mods or anything like that?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, from the outside, his truck looks just like that one but without all the pinstriping of course because of the paint job. My curiosity is really up now. I'm going to have to check out his truck closer, especially the interior. I did notice that his seat was like the one in yours.

·
'79CA Emission Certified
185 Posts
That seat is called the Buddy seat option. I could be ordered in any truck except for the Cub Cab. So it's not a given at making a truck a Warlock.

·
Cant see me
1,210 Posts
Why are you so interested in it? Is he selling it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
25 Posts
All body & interior mods. Always done on the "custom" (Low End) truck with a stepside. 4x4s are rare. I think I remember reading it was a $1500 option. Here a photo of a full fledged Warlock:
A friend back in high school had a 78 Warlock II. It was a custom repaint I believe, Maroon, with a wood Warlock II plaque on the tailgate, and it had the Lil' Red exhaust added also. Boy oh boy did we have fun tearing it up in that thing! Sad part is, in it's pristine condition he sold it for $7,000 and never told any of us ahead of time. It was a bloody show truck too for 7K and we never got so much as a opportunity to make an offer. I can't say here the things we called him.

Beautiful babe, man!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.