DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says i want to lower my 02 Ram a little. Not slam it just sit it down on top of the tires, level. Anybody have any pictures of lowered Rams with 22 inchers? Im wanting to go the cheap route with blocks. Not real pumped up about a flip kit but is considered. Thats why Im asking, I want to see what works for you guys and what will give me the best look.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
go to pepboys and get their shackle kit for $50 bucks. will lower the rear appx 2"

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did the 2002's come with the axle sitting on top of the leaf springs? I was under the impression that blocks only work to lower when your suspension is set up that way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
Nope these arnt S10's the rear is below the housing. Flip kits are good... no problems with them just weld the perches up on the housing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ok, just making sure because I know he said he wanted to use blocks in his first post and they won't work with his suspension.

I agree with the flip kit, no problems with mine. Just weld your perches like 4404spd said.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
slammed1.com is a good place for leaning and seeing pictures. He also sells stuff

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Slammed1 is the way to go!

Ive had mine for a few months now and I love it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
I have pictures in my gallery of a 2/4 and 3/4 with SRT 22's. The 2/4 is with lowering leaf springs and coils and the 3/4 is with spindles and flip kit and cut stock coil. You might have to trim or roll your front fenders with the SRT's. I had to trim mine, they were cutting my tires and I was running 305/40.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have pictures in my gallery of a 2/4 and 3/4 with SRT 22's. The 2/4 is with lowering leaf springs and coils and the 3/4 is with spindles and flip kit and cut stock coil. You might have to trim or roll your front fenders with the SRT's. I had to trim mine, they were cutting my tires and I was running 305/40.
Really? It looked like you had plenty of clearance. Man I really dont want to do that. That makes me not want to drop it at all. With either setup did you notice one was a little higher than the other?...meaningthe flip kit didnt give you a true 4 inch drop with shackles? I dont guess theirs a shorter drop setup on the market is there?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
had no issues with any flip kits I have done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.