DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, im wanting to cam my 318 but this is my first v8 vehicle. i was looking at some different ones. i want a good lope and a decent amount of extra umph from the motor. what should i look for and what will i need on top of the cam? more fuel and ill have to mess with the timing im sure, right?

any help will be much appriciated!

new to the forum so im hoping to have as much luck with this one as ive had with previous forums.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
moe in wichita ks
i have had them all big, middle , mild. a 318 has such smallports thata big cam cant be used.
my advise is to keep dagrees under 268 addvertise NOT @.05 lift and .430-.450 lift at valve. any more cam and the small port 318 head cant make use of it. i had 360 with 280 degree .478 lift. this is the 1968 hi po 340inch. cam, this is the engine the factory rated at 275 hp, and NHRA refactored it two times finaly ending up at 325 hp. any way the 360 would pass anything but a filling station. If you haven't already, I would go to http://www.zddplus.com/ --- and get some zinc to break in the new cam. be sure and install cam per makers instruction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.