DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can i find a tailgate lock? im wanting one that will lock/unlock w/ the doors anyone know where to find one? also where can i get a good deal on the wheel well liners for the rear of my truck.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Well I was gonna say ebay for the tailgate lock but Im guessing to make it power you would have to run a lot of wire. And as for the wheel well liners there are people on here who are sponsors and get you good deals.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59

·
2004 Black_Hemi_QC
1,688 Posts
I bought the wheel well liners from the dealer...and got a discount on mine because I bought the truck there.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I have a power one half installed. Comes with a wiring harness to go from the tailgate to the underside of the dash. Taps into power door lock wires.

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
Hey I want them too, Is Santa listening? Lol

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Im interested in this tailgate lock. Electronic or not, there have been numerous accounts of people stealing them in my area in the night.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Im interested in this tailgate lock. Electronic or not, there have been numerous accounts of people stealing them in my area in the night.
ebay is your best bet then. $25 I think they are. Until then use the hose clamp idea. Why do they have to take anything at all? Why not steal from a Ford lol their is plenty out there needing parts and Im sure they would make more money.

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wnat one that will not be visible at all. a power one so that i wont have to worry about it since i have to unlock the doors as it is now to drop the tailgate. since it will set off the alarm if i dont.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
pace edwards makes a great electric tailgate lock...I had one on my black 06...wired right, it will work with the power lock system in your truck...I am going to be putting it on my inferno 06, but will wire it into a switch in the panel I will be building...its pricey...but worth it... www.pace-edwards.com

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Im going to go ahead and buy the bully tailgate lock. That seems to be a pretty good buy I think?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Im going to go ahead and buy the bully tailgate lock. That seems to be a pretty good buy I think?
my truck guy sells em...ain heard nothin bad bout them...

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
03ramit1 said:
i wnat one that will not be visible at all. a power one so that i wont have to worry about it since i have to unlock the doors as it is now to drop the tailgate. since it will set off the alarm if i dont.
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: just saw that part

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Just bought one off eBay for $25.49. I think this will be a great investment.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
let us know how it works

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
section8ff said:
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: just saw that part
if you open the tailgate and set it down the vibration through the truck will set off the alarm. i have a 2 way alarm but.............once you get out of range i would never know if someone was messing w/ it. so i wanna keep it safe. :cool:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
03ramit1 said:
if you open the tailgate and set it down the vibration through the truck will set off the alarm. i have a 2 way alarm but.............once you get out of range i would never know if someone was messing w/ it. so i wanna keep it safe. :cool:
I jus never heard of the tailgate settin the alarm off...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just Installed

I just installed a Pop N Lock power tailgate lock. Easy install (1 wrench rating) and took less than an hour. Ties into power door lock wiring behind the drivers kick panel. Here is a picture...

Attachments

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MD_RAM said:
I just installed a Pop N Lock power tailgate lock. Easy install (1 wrench rating) and took less than an hour. Ties into power door lock wiring behind the drivers kick panel. Here is a picture...
what does that one cost?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Power Pop N Lock
Mounts inside the tailgate, hidden from view
Ties into the Power Door Lock remote so tailgate automatically locks every time doors are locked.
Made from Stainless Steel
Works with Campers, Toppers, Lids and Tonneau covers to keep your gear secure
Easy to install no drilling required
The Dual Action line allows factory installed tailgate locks to operate with either the power lock or manual lock without disabling the other.
Kit includes mounting hardware and easy to read instructions​

I got it from Truck Candy for around $80. Here is a link http://www.truckcandy.com/TC/PopNLock/PopNLock.htm

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.