DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
87 Dodge mountian goat
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so she WAS runnin like a top. Was on the way home from pickin wify up from work..hit one of the multipul bumps in the driveway and the lights and everything flickers.:ugh....so I popped the hood and started lookin around (in the dark no less)..sould smell hot wiring. First thing I did was grab the alternator wire and when I did I noticed a spark up by the coil. it arc'd for a second then the truck died. tried to start it...ran for a sec then died. so we figured out that if you hold the key in "start" she would run. Figured out were on the fender to unpluug the starter so wify held the key to start the rest of the way home. So i have found out I have power to the coil on "start" but not "run". I'm thinking fusable link? Anyone know were it is. And could someone plz post a underhood schematic if you have one?

I might have figured out the problem......it looks like the starter relay.....if I plug it in half way....and run a jumper wire to the prong that goes to the 2 pink wire's it starts and runs in the run position...and i have power back in the cab...soon as you disconect the jumper wire power shuts off....engine dies. So i'm thinkin the conection for the ignition side inside the relay is burnt to a crisp

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Haynes engine wiring diagrams on my computer. Trouble is the file is 5.5 MB & you need glasses & a magifying glass to read them. If you still need the starter circuit, holler back & Ill make a separate file & send it to you, or I can send the whole file to your e-mail...its pdf
ZLand out
[email protected]

·
87 Dodge mountian goat
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
post up if you can the starter circuit including the starter relay....I'm sure I'm right but i want to double check. If it's to big lemme know i'll shoot ya my email

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.