DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOD's: This is the second time posting this - if it is not allowed, please tell me where I can post it, but don't delete outright without at least informing me.

My wife's current DD is a 2012 DGC SE plus with about 94,000 on the clock. It was recently T-boned by a dump truck and is in need of replacement. I have not yet brought it to a body shop, so it may be repairable, but for how much. Both passenger doors, the roof, front fender and rocker panel and possibly a seat and all of the passenger side air bags will need to be replaced. Funny thing though, it drives like prior to the accident.

Anyways, I was hoping someone could tell me the best 1 or 2 years of the Gen 5's I should look for. Are there any special packages that are must haves? Any issues at certain mileages to look out for? Average price ranges.. anything to help me choose another one ... soon.

Thanks for looking

Robert

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I had hoped for at least one answer.

I ended up buying a 2015 SE+ that had more features than three SXT's we looked at. The only things the SXTs had were the power sliding doors and rear tailgate that we really did not want and a bigger console.

The SE+ had 17" rims, front and rear DVD player, wireless headphones and a few other items. One thing I found was that the floor doors / covers for the stow away seats were really cheaped out in the 2015. We ended up changing the ones from our 2012 into the 2015. The 12's had a piano hinge all the way across the door, the lock mechanism went all the way across and the noise seal was way better. The 15's were minimal in order to get the job done.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts