DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab. Anyways I want to put in the Pioneer FH-P8000BT, but I am not sure if it will fit. Will I need to buy a new Dash piece? Or can I modify it? If someone has it installed and has pictures it would be awesome! :worthy:

Here is the Pioneer FH-P8000BT: http://tinyurl.com/azjp4g

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Some people have modified their dashes to put in a double din head unit/nav. It's involved, and you'll need to do some fiberglassing if you want to make it work. Put "double din" into a search and you'll find plenty of info on it.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I was considering this exact same head unit until I searched a little and found out what is involved to install a double din unit....ended up going with a single din DEH-P6000UB, great head unit with 3 sets of pre-outs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whiteout08: Thanks man, I looked into the DEH-P6000UB and It is really nice. Does the bluetooth connection for the phone work well?

cccgp: Thanks, yeah I saw that, but thought maybe someone got it to fit with little modification.

ceri: Yeah too much work for me!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Not entirely sure if the bluetooth option works very well, I haven't had a chance to install the head unit yet, waiting on the rest of my system before I go ahead with it.

I don't really use bluetooth either, but will give it a try once installed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Pioneer FH-P8000BT in my Ram. You will need to get the navigation bezel, and a double din mounting kit. With those it fits great!

Also, the bluetooth works well. I use it for my cell phone every day! Talk into the mic, and the voice on the other end comes out the speakers. Hands-free! ;)

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
^^ Got any pictures of it?

·
15,912 Posts
I have the Pioneer FH-P8000BT in my Ram. You will need to get the navigation bezel, and a double din mounting kit. With those it fits great!

Also, the bluetooth works well. I use it for my cell phone every day! Talk into the mic, and the voice on the other end comes out the speakers. Hands-free! ;)
If you have an 07...then you have a different bezel as he has with the 04. I don't remember there being a nav bezel for the 03-05. I could be wrong though.

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
I would love to see pics

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
NM, slvrhemi07's truck is, well, an '07 so the bezels are completely different

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There isnt any different bezels for the 02-05...I wish someone would produce one though. Im not fond on the look of aftermarket headunits in the bezel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep, mine is definitely an 07... didn't notice the difference in the bezels... sorry!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.