DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to piece together a 9" or higher lift for my truck. I'm getting the 4.56 gears, and want to run at least 37's.
Was hoping for some help on what I need to look for. Truck's in the sig.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
if you want a 9+ all suspension lift you need to give a call to fullthrottle or whiplash, i have a whiplash 10" kit with 36x14.50 on a 16.5x10 wheel, i love the whiplash kit, i had no problems with it, oh yeah i have the 4.7L also.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
you can get a 6 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift for 9" and then crank your torsion bars about 1-2 inches. you could get the whiplash and full throttle lift kit, they are pricey, but i dont personally know anyone who runs them and i personally wouldnt go any higher then 6 inches on an IFS suspension wise. you could probably be able to clear 38s quite easily with 9 inches of lift

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
you'd have to have a killer offset and a skinnier wheel on a 1500 I think

I have a true 6" suspension 3" body and I barely clear 38's, and 39.5's rub

now, you could possibly do a 6" suspension, torsion bar keys, add-a-leaf and a body lift for 11-12" of lift, but not sure if it'd all work out that way

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want any body lift. All suspension. Thanks for the advice guys. Whats a good road tire thats a 37 or higher?
Thanks

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
goodyear wrangler MTR

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to mention I'd like to keep my OEM 20" rims. I don't see where those Goodyear wrangler MTRs have them in a 20"?
Thanks

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
and Nitto Terra Grapplers 355 60 20

which is a 37x14.00r20

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dude get a skyjacker 6" suspension lift, then get some torsion keys, and add bigger blocks in the rear, and you'll have about 8" of lift.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
you'll ripe your boots, because the diff isn't dropped down 6", its only dropped like 5 maybe 5 1/4", so if you crank it, it would only got up to 7" without pushing it to the limit. im telling you if you want a 10" kit its like $2,200 for a whiplash or a fts lift kit.

wesshipman said:
Dude get a skyjacker 6" suspension lift, then get some torsion keys, and add bigger blocks in the rear, and you'll have about 8" of lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.