DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 4x4 Sport and I would like to lift it. I do not know how high I want to lift it, higher the better, but cheaper the better (i'm guessing I'll go somewhere in between). My problem is I have no idea where to start. I am sure me and my father could put it togiether, but getting all the pieces seems to be the dificult part. I would even entertain the idea of just lifting the back, but not sure if that is possable being 4x4. So, my question is where should I go to obtain this info? my other question is, When I got my tires replaced the guy at pepboys mentioned that it took him longer because I had some sort of lift in the back...... I bought this truck used at auction and I have no idea what the previous owner did to it, how can I tell if its been lifted? If it has it isn't very high. I have a picture I just got to find a place to put it..... I'll put it on shortly.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Nick ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Look on Ebay, they have several different suspension lift kits for dodges. This will give you an idea of what you need. Check out the more complete kits.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
How much you looking to spend on a lift?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found a couple that aren't bad on ebay, but I can't post the urls just..... I'll be back in a few posts.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would this one work? There is also this one which is ALOT cheaper here, but is that high enough? I have two trucks I might buy the cheap one, and sell that truck if i don't like it. I have two 99s one is a nice looking sport 5.2L and the other is a silver long bed w/5.9L. The silver one is so much more powerful and has four doors, but I smashed it up pretty nice and has been off the road since....... haven't decided what to do with it yet, i'm thinking of fixing it ........ Tell me if those would work or if need somthing different.

My next post will have pics of my Red truck, i'll get some pics of my silver one tommorow.

Thanks,

Nick ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If i get the cheaper one, will I need to buy some sort of spacer for my stock tires? In the ebay ad he says you can add it to a body lift for up to a cheap 6 inch lift. What is a body lift?

I added some photos to photobucket account you can check them here

·
Registered
385 Posts
there is no lift in the back of the red truck. those blocks are factory and not something that some one added.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.