DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 1500 2002 SLT and would like to install OEM fog lights on it. The kit is going to run about $135.00 - $145.00 from the dealer. The vehicle is pre-wired. 1. What else will I need? 2. Do I have to put in another switch or will they operate off of the low beams? :gr_patrio

·
Sporting Clays Addict
132 Posts
Where did you find the wiring harness at? I want to do this to my '02 but can't seem to find the wiring for the fog lights.

You will need another switch which comes with the kit, or you can replace your stock headlight switch to the one that controls the fogs by push-pull.

·
Yo Daddy
1,414 Posts
If your pre-wired, you will need to buy another harness that doesn't come in the kit, then replace your light switch to the push/pull for the fogs to work. If you don't want to buy the seperate harness and switch, then you will have to hard wire the lights in, then drill a hole in the dash for the switch that came with the kit. I think the new headlight switch is $50, the other harness is like $30. It took me like 20 min total to install the new headlight swtich, fogs, and harness.

·
BORN 1/24/2009 6LBS 14ozs
2,836 Posts
The kit comes with a new toggle switch. You will need to drill a small hole in your dash for it. Also as far as I know you will have to wire the entire thing. My employer just installed an OEM light kit in his 2002 SLT 1500 and he had to wire the whole thing. The kit comes withe everything you need for the install including wires.

SQC

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.