DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have lived with the 4/6 drop for a little over a year now. My wife has some plans that may be moving us soon, so I am trying to arrange some more work to be done on the truck before that happens. I am only 5 hours from Brian (Slammed1) and will end up about 2 days away if she gets this deal worked out...

Anyway, I would really like to drop another 3/4" to 1" in the front and rear. I know the rear will work, but my concern is the front. I have one of those Rams that at 4" of drop, it rubbed the upper fender liner out before Brian was able to solve it with some mod'd bump stops. In looking up in the fender, it appears there are a couple of things the tire could hit if I dropped the additional 1". Anyone have a 5" front drop that would like to share their findings with me? Did you end up having to move some of the lines up so the tires would not hit them? I am running 275/45-20 tires.

Todd

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm interested in any feedback as well. I've had my 4/6 for about a month and a half and would like to shave another inch on the front and back.

Hey Todd, what are your plans for the rear? Overload removal? Shackles? something else?

Sorry for the thread highjack, but this is good stuff!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Anyway, I would really like to drop another 3/4" to 1" in the front and rear. I know the rear will work, but my concern is the front. I have one of those Rams that at 4" of drop, it rubbed the upper fender liner out before Brian was able to solve it with some mod'd bump stops. In looking up in the fender, it appears there are a couple of things the tire could hit if I dropped the additional 1". Anyone have a 5" front drop that would like to share their findings with me? Did you end up having to move some of the lines up so the tires would not hit them? I am running 275/45-20 tires.

I'm going to have to change my name to kinda-lowhemi with you guys running around. :banghead: Me cries...

·
Registered
614 Posts
My 4/6 has been a 5/6 drop. The front is dropping down alittle more than expected as it settles in. it was aligned and now the front is out again.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slammed1 said:
removing the overload in a flip kit rear suspension wont drop you anymore at all

if your already rubbing with a 4" front drop why would you want to go lower???
Because your truck looks FREAK'IN AWESOME!!! Can it be done, or should I just call it good and drive it? I trust your opinion on this as you have been right so far:
remember:
Me: Yeah, Brian, Yeah, I just need a 2/4 drop....
Brian: Nah, you need more like a 4/6 drop....
Me: Ah, okay, what do you recommend?
Brian: Blah, blah, blah(really good technical stuff, I just don't have the understanding)
Me: Okay, be there in October

Truck looks great and I am glad I went 4/6....Maybe this is some sort of illness :D

Todd

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
lowhemi said:
I'm going to have to change my name to kinda-lowhemi with you guys running around. :banghead: Me cries...
I feel your pain...

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
WhiteDiamond said:
Because your truck looks FREAK'IN AWESOME!!! Can it be done, or should I just call it good and drive it? I trust your opinion on this as you have been right so far:
remember:
Me: Yeah, Brian, Yeah, I just need a 2/4 drop....
Brian: Nah, you need more like a 4/6 drop....
Me: Ah, okay, what do you recommend?
Brian: Blah, blah, blah(really good technical stuff, I just don't have the understanding)
Me: Okay, be there in October

Truck looks great and I am glad I went 4/6....Maybe this is some sort of illness :D

Todd
:DI am still laughing at this post!!! Funny shit bro!!:thatfunny

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Kinda off-topic, but how is the sanding coming along? Last I saw you were sanding your paint smooth, it was looking nice.

KB

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KB112 said:
Kinda off-topic, but how is the sanding coming along? Last I saw you were sanding your paint smooth, it was looking nice.

KB
I haven't gotten much farther since the post. I am preparing to do the driver's side cab either this weekend or early next week, though. I have been debating the best way to tackle the door frame window surrounds. They look like dry cloth in texture on my truck, so they have to be done. I am taking the door handles off and the mirror/plastic assembly off. Should have some pictures soon....The places that are done, entire box and the hood, look awesome, though!!! Dodge has some issues with the paint, but I'll take it without the orange peel for now :cool:

Brian,

If you think of something, PM me, or just tell me to enjoy it. I still have some other work I will be contacting you about, soon.

Todd

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
..AAAAHHHH...all this talk about goin lower has made me decide too also...lol... I just ordered my C-Notch from Brian... and will follow and go 4/6 too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.