DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. this is my first post here so bare with me. i have an 89 dodge w150 that i have to down to bare frame right now and trying to decide how i want to build it and do the fabrication before getting the frame painted. it had a stock 318 mated up with a 727 trans and 208 transfer case. i would like to do a mild engine build to the stock engine. with that being said id also like to get more than one gallon per mile so id like to have an overdrive trans. I've read a lot of forums on here about converting it to a 5 speed out of a newer model truck and I'm thinking about going with that option unless i am persuaded to go another route.

my question is what would be the best option for transmission to have overdrive and could i still use the 208 transfer case. if i convert it to manual what transmission would the 208 transfer case bolt up to. the problem I'm running into is this year truck uses a right hand side output shaft from the transfer case and id rather not replace the front axle if i don't have to. also would trans and transfer case hold up to the extra hp and torque.

thanks in advance

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.