DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
I bought a B350 Maxi few years ago and am really happy with it - except the electric system. This is killing me :)

I have a strange reading on the injectors plug. As i turn on ignition, on line #1 (White/Blue wire from ECU to injector #1) i get a permanent reading of 6 volts. On the other line (Tan wire to injetor #2) there is just a short peak of undefined level. The injector #2 works fine, #1 doesn't. Taking off the White/Blue and bridging the Tan to injector #1 wasn't solving the problem, becuse then the engine fires up just shortly and dies of missing fuel. I assume, the capacity of the Tan-line is limited and if two injectors are dragging power, the voltage drops.
Is it a solution to hook it up to the coil, just for testing? I can't find any information about the current voltage for the injectors - don'twant to turn them into glow-plugs...
Or has anyone a hint, where to search for the reason for this 6v-reading? May be, there are separate "line-in" for voltage supply for the injectors to the ecu???
Would be great to find some help here!
Greetz,
Andy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi!
Mainly i can say,there is "land in sight". But, there's always a 'but', one of the last isues in Hermans electrical system is the ground-feed for the injector #2 by the smec. The line itself seems to be fine. The permanent pos feed is also good.
So here's what i am assuming (besides a damaged smec...): May be, the ground feed is just partly broken. So my measure-tool get a connection, but not all power can be transferred. Can anyone here tell me about the current of the injector.
Greetz,
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts