DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how a volant CAI w/box could be any better than the stock intake with the exception of the better filter. How can it be increasing airflow more than the stock airbox.

AIR RAM how will you intake do in the winter time. Will it get clogged with snow and or water?

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Jim,

I'd go with the AIR RAM. It removes the restrictive Hemi hat.
I believe the Volant runs from the Hemi hat to the new Volant
box. I'm not sure about this, but I believe the model for the Hemi
works this way.

You shouldn't have a problem with snow or water.

Unless you're going to submerge the truck in it. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But i have heard by removing the Hemi Hat that there is increases engine noise. Not the air coming in sound but a louder ticking noise? If this is true i don't want that noise.

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
Jimsram said:
But i have heard by removing the Hemi Hat that there is increases engine noise. Not the air coming in sound but a louder ticking noise? If this is true i don't want that noise.
Jim,

You will get more noise. The EGR sound will be more pronounced. If
you don't want to hear that increase in sound, go with the Volant. :)

It doesn't bother me anymore. You'll enjoy the Volant as well.

Plenty are happy with that CAI as well. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks for the advice. I just want to be totally sure of what i want.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Jimsram said:
I was just wondering how a volant CAI w/box could be any better than the stock intake with the exception of the better filter. How can it be increasing airflow more than the stock airbox.

AIR RAM how will you intake do in the winter time. Will it get clogged with snow and or water?
Winter! What is that? :cool: I guess we are lucky here in Florida, we don't have to consider those conditions. (only hurricanes :help: )

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
We have MANY customers up in Alaska, Canada and the Chicago areas... we have never not once had an issue with the weather being too cold... So honestly you have nothing to worry about in Florida.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I am running the Volant system. I too chose it for the reasons you give = quiet and protection for the filter from water, dirt, etc... with the air box.

I LOVE IT! Definite increase in power even while retaining the HEMI Hat, filter is protected not only from water and dirt but engine heat, and damn if it doesn't look awesome when the hood goes up.

Very easy to intall as well except for the weather strip seal that goes on the filter where the air tube enters the air box. That seal is a PITA! Takes 5 minutes to remove the stock setup and install the new Volant one but then it takes 20 minutes to get the seal on. Once done though you won't be sorry.

I also didn't want the traditional vacuum cleaner/woosh noise a traditional exposed filter CAI gives. I hate it. I also didn't want the EGR valve noise or HEMI tick amplified as many CAI's do. The truck is quite like stock while driving along but when you nail it you get a nice 4bbbl muscle car like sound from the engine.

Volant is a great CAI. IF you go that route you will love it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.