DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently told that there are some guys putting Viper electric fans on 3rd Gen. Hemi trucks? Well well well... that's sweet sweet music to my ears. My next questions are, I have a 2004 4x2 1500 5.7L, where do I get the Viper fan and is there any step-by-step to get that thing in there? Any help is appreciated!!! :help:

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Where did you guys get the nut for the fan pulley?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Nut for the fan pulley? I'm not sure I follow but once you remove the stock clutch fan, you just leave the threads bare...nothing else is required.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So when you remove the long nut connected to the fan, the pulley still has another nut that holds it on?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
No there is just one big nut holding the fan on the pulley, once you remove the fan, you just leave the bare threads on the pulley bare.

·
Banned
754 Posts
how hard is it to get the fan off?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
It's not real difficult, the hard part is holding the pulley to loosen the nut. I built a tool, some guys have used vise grips, others strap wrenchs or even screwdrivers. Lots of different ways to do it, but I would recommend against cutting it off with a sawzall, and if you want to ever reuse it you have to store it upright like it sits on the truck.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...the fan itself is one big nut...just one piece... when we took my fan off we just stuck a coupl screwdrivers in the holes for leverage...got it off in seconds...

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
HemiRedRam said:
So when you remove the long nut connected to the fan, the pulley still has another nut that holds it on?

Heres what I did. After you remove the clutch fan, cut off the first inch or so worth of threads from the clutch fan, and bingo, theres your nut. I took a grinder to mine and rounded off the edges after cutting it.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
chefred112 said:
...the fan itself is one big nut...just one piece... when we took my fan off we just stuck a coupl screwdrivers in the holes for leverage...got it off in seconds...
I did the same thing with the screwdriver trick.

So chefred112, you finally got your e-fan put on?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.