DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone ever come up with an EASY way to wire up the Viper fan to the Hemi? I looked at what jstutzm did, and omg, that is way out of league. I am just a government scientist, working with radioactive and biologically active susbstances. I have no idea how to wire this thing up. Someone out there has to be as electrically inept as I, HELP!!!!!
The Doc :cool:

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
I paid to have it installed, and it doesn't work right. The high temp is messed up. The low side works through a switch in the cab, though. The whole thing has been a pain in the...

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Black05Hemi said:
I paid to have it installed, and it doesn't work right. The high temp is messed up. The low side works through a switch in the cab, though. The whole thing has been a pain in the...
:hair: Man you have got to be kidding? It really doesn't look to be that hard I guess, but I could definitely see me creating one H$LL of a fireball by not getting something right. I have some friends in low places that may be able to help.......with enuf beer and such maybe I can get this done.
The Doc :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
For simple wiring, try this: get a flexalite 30331 adjustable controller and take the fan control wires from the controller and connect them to operate a 50 amp relay. The relay in the controller will not handle the current that the fan needs so the 50 amp is necessary. Connect the relay to the high speed input of the fan. You can leave the low speed unconnected if you just want to get it running. If you want to use the low speed right away, you will need two more 50 amp relays (since both windings in the fan cannot be energized at the same time). One relay will be for high speed, one for low speed, and the other will be the high/low speed selecor). There is a diagram on this board somewhere that shows how to do the three relay method. I'll do some digging. You can either run the low speed off of a manual switch in the cab or off of the air conditioner control wire. The flexalite controller is available from Summit for about $55 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is the diagram:

Just ignore the existing wiring as it is from a Dakota and does not apply. The drawing does show how to connect the relays though.

·
The Doc
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jstutzm said:
Here is the diagram:

Just ignore the existing wiring as it is from a Dakota and does not apply. The drawing does show how to connect the relays though.
:rck: Alrighty then....I knew there had to be an easier way than having to build that controller. You do b da man!!
The Doc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.