DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having this problem when coming to a stop at fast rate of speed. If anyone has a TSB on this I would appreciate it...I have this one 05-005-04 if this is correct please let me know, so when I go to the DS I will have some strong evidence.....

Thanks

· Registered
759 Posts
Rotors probably need to be turned. How many miles on the D? If it's like every other DC product I've owned, it'll devour brakes every 15-18k. I just turned 15k on the D and I've got just a touch of pulsating braking at higher speeds.

· Registered
1,023 Posts
goathead75 said:
Rotors probably need to be turned. How many miles on the D? If it's like every other DC product I've owned, it'll devour brakes every 15-18k. I just turned 15k on the D and I've got just a touch of pulsating braking at higher speeds.
Ditto here. With just under 14K I have started to notice it. I had to put front brakes on my old Ram about every 10K. It aint just Dodge I know some GM owners with the same problem.

· Registered
210 Posts
I've got just over 17k on my D and I had the rotors turned at 9,500 miles and got them REPLACED WITH NEW PADS at 16,500. I thought I mentioned this on here before. I had really shyty brake rotors. First time they only turned them. The second time they got permission from DC to replace the rotors and pads on the front. Next time they go bad I'm going to the aftermarket. Just an FYI for my fellow board buddies :)

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well hell I have 13,500 on my D and I feel the pulsating at 50 mph and above when braking. I suppose I will take it back in and let them see the TSB that I mentioned about before...And hope that it works...This is a joke! Trying to cut corners or a bad batch one of the two... :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT: :VHOT:

· Registered
55 Posts
I recently had a ~800 mile round-trip Road Trip, and arrived in town at rush hour. At one point I had to do some serious braking at freeway speeds and had a terrible pulsation. The DD shook like it was hypothermic… and it continued for awhile in traffic… I though for sure the rotors were warped… game over. But strangely it went away shortly thereafter. And just last weekend I descended almost 3000 ft in 5 miles using only the brakes without any problems at all. So now I’m confused as to what the problem might be. If the rotors warp I can’t see how they can magically true themselves… and then take a REAL beating on a steep mountain road without complaint. There has to be something other than rotor warp going on here…

· Registered
13 Posts
Same here.......just had the front brakes replaced, rotors turned. No charge.

I handed the service advisor a copy of the TSB and it was attached to the service order.......... a done deal.

No problems when you walk in with the proof.... the almighty TSB.

MARK
FORT MYERS, FL.

:gr_patrio

· Registered
13 Posts
Tsb For Brake Pad Replacement

TSB # 05-005-04

If the customer indicates that the condition is present, perform the repair procedure.......

Just tell the service advisor that " you feel pulsation and vibration in the brake pedal and steering wheel when the brakes are applied, and condition is most noticeable over 50 mph....."

MARK

· Registered
210 Posts
Well, you will be back for new rotors. They are some of the crappiest rotors I've ever seen. They must be made out of pot metal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.