DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone. I am currently experiencing vibrations in my truck. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi (Quad). i actually felt this the for the first time today. I pressed my push to start button and the truck turned on normal. After a few seconds it began to shake and vibrate. I then noticed the engine light on, first it was steady and now it is blinking. I drove to the end of the street and right from the get go, there was immense vibration coming from it. It wasn't coming from the steering or the tires, but from within the engine. at this point im unsure as to what it can be, although there seem to be a few different possibilities. the most prominent one seems to do with the MDS. on other forums people have said to put the truck into +/- and put it into 6th which will stop the vibration, however (and no im not very vehicle savey unfortunately) which didnt seem to work also others have said to turn on the tow/haul so it turns off the MDS, which didnt work for me. does anyone have any insight they could share from which i may be able to act on this situation? any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
dac1959
39 Posts
If your cel light was flashing, DO NOT drive it while it is flashing, major damage can occur. That's why it flashes instead of just staying on steady. As far as the vibration,rough running, you need to get the codes read and start your diagnostics from there.When my light flashed with me, it ended up being pretty catastrophic,lifter seized up, wiped out the cam and 2600 later I was good to go.

·
dac1959
39 Posts
hi everyone. I am currently experiencing vibrations in my truck. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi (Quad). i actually felt this the for the first time today. I pressed my push to start button and the truck turned on normal. After a few seconds it began to shake and vibrate. I then noticed the engine light on, first it was steady and now it is blinking. I drove to the end of the street and right from the get go, there was immense vibration coming from it. It wasn't coming from the steering or the tires, but from within the engine. at this point im unsure as to what it can be, although there seem to be a few different possibilities. the most prominent one seems to do with the MDS. on other forums people have said to put the truck into +/- and put it into 6th which will stop the vibration, however (and no im not very vehicle savey unfortunately) which didnt seem to work also others have said to turn on the tow/haul so it turns off the MDS, which didnt work for me. does anyone have any insight they could share from which i may be able to act on this situation? any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
How many miles are on your truck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i didnt realize i was supposed to not drive while it was blinking (originally it was a steady light which changed back and forth to blinking and then steady for a while and back again), drove roughly 3-4kms like that. Currently, the truck is at 37,500mi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.