DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's what I have going on. When I'm on the highway and I'm going say 70 to 80ish, and I have to come to somewhat of an abrupt stop the front end vibrates quite a bit. It isn't unbearable but it is noticeable by both myself as well as other passengers. I can feel it in the steering wheel, and just the vibration of the whole front end.

Is this a sign of warped rotors? Could this be solved by simply getting the rotors turned? Also, the other problem I had with my brakes is that the ABS does not seem to be functioning. If I give more than a slight touch on the brakes they'll lock up, regardless of how fast I'm going. Does this have an affect on my vibration issues? Maybe this "hard" braking could have caused the rotors to warp?? I don't know ...

Any help would be appreciated ... Thanks a lot!

Gil.

·
Registered
750 Posts
first thing I would check is for warped rotors. Typically rotors that are warped cannot be turned and fixed. I would suggest checking for worn pads and for warped rotors. If in fact they are warped, go with new performance rotors and Hawk pads. If they need replacing, why not upgrade them for not much more than factory ones would be.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
10 to 1 that you have warped rotors.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Just about the odds, I definitely won't be betting against you.

·
Banned
112 Posts
gil_espinosa,

I think that's your rear ABS that at work in that area. I've heard/felt that too in my Durango and I think that's what it is.

rimfire,22

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
do you feel pulsing in the pedal also? Might be a good time to upgrade the brakes.... drilled/slotted with hawk pads are a good combo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.