DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 with 138,000 miles on it. About 2-3 weeks ago my truck started to have a vibration at between 30-35, 50-55 and 65-70 mph. In between these speeds it rides as smooth as can be, the vibe every once in awhile causes a drone sound in the cab but not always and it only does it when the vibration is happening. I can't really tell if its coming from the front or back of the truck. Its not the tires because I just had a new set put on there friday. Anyone have any idea what it might be?

·
bootleg racing...
181 Posts
Have you used your 4-wheel drive recently? I noticed mine has a vibration until the cad shuts the front axle down, not to mention losing 4x4 every once in a while. Just ordered a posi lock kit, hopefully it will fix all my problems..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, this truck hasn't seen 4wd in about 2 years or more. I forgot to add that it does it under load or no load, it will even do it if I put it neutral and let it coast.

·
bootleg racing...
181 Posts
Wow, I would say start with wheel beasing/hubs and then check out your diff. My buddies truck had a vibration coming from his differential, regaurdless of wether it was in gear or neutral.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats my plan for today:), then tomorrow I will tackle a different problem with it:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.