DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at speed of 45+(way more often/noticeable at higher speeds) its like the TC is grabbing and letting go very fast and hard. i have noticed when im on the freeway on level grade and it starts i can either give it lil more gas or let off the gas a lil and it stops....only to do the same hard vibration/hard shuttering again down the freeway. when i first got the truck the trans was freshly rebuilt(but i doubt they changed/checked the TC). it thows up codes like the TC not wanting to release(ill havnt checked the codes recently as my daily commute is 35-45mph so it almost never happens till i hit the freeway or long highway. ill check'em again tomorrow when autozone opens up in the mornin(free codes checks and definitions) like i said it happens most often on the freeway either no load with OD on or more often with load(even an empty bed and unloaded car hauler). its gonna cost $750+ just to swap the TC....anyone know of other things i could test?

any questions? or even better some answers?

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
You can always try this first:

LUBEGARD® Instant Shudder Fix Supplement is compatible with conventional or synthetic automatic transmission fluids. This formulation of friction modifiers is concentrated five times. For Best overall performance and long term transmission benefit, use LUBEGARD® ATF Protectant. It is approved and endorsed for use to correct problems associated with automatic transmissions, including shudder problems, by OEMs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH GOD DOES IT PULL HARD NOW....like placing hands flat on face and pulling back as hard as i can...WHEEEEE.....BUT....now that vibration is gone(kinda as i had it only once since then or it has made it alot less of a vibration) but i have MUCH WORSE problems since i put that stuff in....it revys WAY high and dont wanna upshift(even low gaers now) unless mess with the gas pedal for a min like sometimes jus letting off the pedal a lil and i feel it drop into next gear or i gotta punch it al let off to get it to shift and sometimes that dont even work so i gotta keep messing with it til its shifts.......and on my first time on the freeway scared the piss outta me cause it would get to shift points and hop in and out of gear with NO power and made me look like a fast hoppin frog at 71 MPH(sometimes had same thing happen around 60-65MPH) and during the "hopping" if i punched the pedal it just bogged out and slowed down REALLY fast.....but when this stopped and it finnaly grabbed it was like a ROCKET!!!!!........as i drove it more i havnt had that problem to that severity but it now has a majior shifting issue that wasnt there at the lower speeds(b4 i added that stuff it NEVER reved high in ANY gear.....now almost every shift point i gotta fiddle with the gas pedal jus to drive it

i cant find where to buy a torque converter(would prefer a perfomance/tow torque converter),TCC solenoid or other things that might need to be replaced to fix this issue

P.S. may further edit this post when i thionk of more........

·
Transmission Man!
3,508 Posts
WOW! It sounds like you got more problems than a torque converter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.