DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Killshot
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Vararam "ram air" system? I an running a trueflow CAI, and super-chip. 07 Big Horn 1500. To be honest, I didn't notice much of a difference with the CAI.
Also, has anyone heard of running a "ground wire" to the throttle body? Supposedly gives better throttle response.
Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks Rob.
vararam.com

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
interesting..I thought I just answered a question like this in the morning :)

·
Rookie
708 Posts
You won't feel a CAI because the best CAI will provide maybe 8 HP which isn't noticeable in a 345 HP engine. The ground wire is a pretty good investment. I noticed a more stable idle, can't really say it makes throttle response too much better but I'm sure it does something. All in all I would say the Vararam is a 500 dollar plastic engine cover. It's not really worth it, especially with the mods (or lack there of) that you have. Just make one with PVC or electrical conduit and a K&N filter. Same thing as a 300 K&N for about 50 bucks

·
Killshot
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The "home made CAI....been there done that...using it as we speak. Thanks for the input, I will just keep doing what I'm doing and save myself some cash. That exactlly what I needed to know.Thanks again.
Robert

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
If you have the XDI TrueFlow keep it, I had a lot of fitment issues with the Vararam, performance was good but sent it back.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.