DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Tape On
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished the installation today of the Vararam I got from Moe's. Not as "easy" as I would of expected, but maybe I was being too particular.

I would of liked better instructions and some better hardware, washers, to make it a little easier. For me it was not too much of an issue, but it is definitely not a plug and play system.

Here are some pictures of the finished product. I had to fab a support where the the coolant bottle was suppose to be, but had to remove it because it was in the way. Also, had to fab a mount for the new coolant bottle I needed to install. I was able to route the passenger side intake hose the way they showed in the instructions, that was not easy, but do able.

Here are some pictures.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Looks good!

Amazed at how clean your engine bay is for being an '04!

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
Nice install. Notice any performance gains?

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
7,275 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nice Job !!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Was going to say the same thing... engine loos real clean. Been thinking about getting the Vararam for my 04 as well... sucks we have to relocate the cooling bottle. Would be nice if they included the bracket for it so you dont have to fab up a custom one.:ugh

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I got a friend out here at work that has that Vararam and he told me last week he had no AC because evidently the intake rubbed a hold in his AC line so watch out for that.

·
Ram Hard, Go Deep
333 Posts
looks awesome, but the real thing comes from the performance gains...whats it run like now as apposed to what you had?...btw nice clean engine bay

·
Tape On
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the reply's, I've only had it on for a day, haven't noticed much off the line, but I haven't really tried getting on it off the line either. Getting on to and being on the freeway I have noticed more performance, but I've only done that a few times. Guess I need more time to check it out.

I usually clean the engine at the start of the non rainy season, so I just did that last week which is why its clean clean. Plus i knew I was going to do the installation.

As far a the AC hose rubbing on the Vararam support bracket, it does. I put a section of split heater hose on that section of AC line to prevent it from rubbing a hole in it. Still something to keep an eye on.

I'll update when I can give more definite info in improved performance.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
also watch for dirt and debris getting by the filter, no matter what i did or how tight it was dirt would still get to the throttle body. needless to say I do not have it anymore, couldn't get by the flimsy/flexible plastic. good luck.

·
2005 Hemi Ram
1,435 Posts
Looks good.

·
Home of the Whopper
1,769 Posts
also watch for dirt and debris getting by the filter, no matter what i did or how tight it was dirt would still get to the throttle body. needless to say I do not have it anymore, couldn't get by the flimsy/flexible plastic. good luck.
That's why I took mine off as well. Also noticed a gap between the vararam body and the riveted on tube doing to the throttle body. Very little sealant was used in this area on mine.

·
Tape On
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't impressed with the sealing of the air filter either. I'm going to get some silicone gasket material and either put it on the filter or on the area the filter will be located. That should correct the poor sealing of the filter.

I'm certainly not going to dump an otherwise good intake, just do some creative thinking to make it work better.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I got a friend out here at work that has that Vararam and he told me last week he had no AC because evidently the intake rubbed a hold in his AC line so watch out for that.
I had that starting to happen as well. It's the drivers side bracket that rubs on the ac line. I cut open a 2" piece of fuel line and stuck it over the bracket. Problem solved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
watch the intake hoses, mine became a wet / dry vac every time it rained or snowed. Because of that I removed it and went back to my K&N FIPK for now.

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
It just lOOks so RETRO and reminds me of MOPAR past. No intake looks better & kudos on the CLEAN engine bay!

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
looks cool. its a shame though that for as much as these cost, it ought to be flawless in design.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.