DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this while reading up on the 5.7 Valvetrain.

It looks awesome and if you can weld, you can most likely make one.

A company called Superior Automotive makes this. I am attaching the URL.
I called them and talked to them and they stated that they are trying to get 2 companies to make these but for now, they are not making this for the public.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/...mi_valvetrain_and_head_upgrades/photo_16.html

Attachments

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
That's awesome.[

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I like that. It is very cool. If the heads are still on im sure you still need compressed air or something to keep the valves from dropping.

I wonder if it would have much time over just pulling the heads. I know it would save gaskets and having to take the exhaust off.

Bill

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
Is that any better than the miller tool?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Joe, at Superior Automotive stated that he can have all 16 springs changed in an hour. That is a little less than 4-minutes per spring.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
not bad but with the head off you can use a normal valve spring compressor.

·
paul
951 Posts
cool, you can even use a air ratchet, gret job:tup:

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
im a machinist, if i could just get my hands on one for an hour.......... lol
take the measurements when you do your cam swap and build it. i would love to have one allong with several others on this site im sure. you built it ill buy one.

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
I like my Miller Tool. That tool looks ok and fairly easy to replicate but doesn't seem as fast Miller Tool and Battery Powered Drill Method.

·
ASE approved
8,859 Posts
you should think about a thumb screw for the mounting bolts and i dont think they would have to be super tight.

·
or no car
1,269 Posts
dude i want one. somebody make one! how much is the miller tool and where can you find that?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.