DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some MTs on it right now.. that need to be cleaned up.. but i was thinking i should get the chrome mopar ones.. i personally think they would look much better.. plus i could probably make money selling the MTs.. i dont know, what do you guys think i should do? from my understanding you can't hardly find the MTs anymore.

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
The odd thing is...is that I was currently polishing a set of SB M/T valve covers and never finished em. I'm having a hard time trying to get my buffing wheel in the cooling fin ribs and in the corners. I'm not gonna try to attempt to polish around the M/T. I quit about 2 yrs ago because my hrs at work increased.
Some times getting chrome valve covers are good appearance wise bepending on personal preferance. I like them alot. I took them off my 360 because everything else in the engine bay looked like crap. I wanted everything else to shine. Since polishing aluminum is one of my hobbies I went overboard. I took my Holley street dominator intake and polished the cast to a mirror finish ( before my Edelbrock Performer and Torker II ) then I took apart my Holley Double pumper piece by piece and polished the parts individually and put it back together. I got one of those aluminum radiators which was already polished. Then I got a chrome alternator with brackets, polished aluminum pulleys, etc. so on and so forth. This was in my 73 Barracuda..which I no longer have. That was alot of grief.
So, it's all up to you on how you want to dress up your engine. I just went crazy with mine!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
i always had m/t valve covers and painted them the same color as the engine and sanded the fins and the m/t off and cleared them looks good and there different.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.