DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my boss at work recently finished doing a full resto job on a 88 Ford Ranger he has - he put a used 302 in it with headers, 4 barrel, Edelbrock manifold, new heads, etc. It does have a C-4 trans in it that is not shifting right - it wont downshift into second gear and hold it, it jumps back into 3rd much too fast.

We were going to lunch he in his Ranger and me in my 3.7 Ram. Of course, he floored it starting at about 20 on the way there and I did too and I was amazed to see him not blowing past me at all but having to work at it instead. I let off at 70 ( speed limit was 60, patrolled by cops a lot ) and he was only a length ahead of me. I think he still has work to do on his truck, but I was amazed to hell I didnt get blown away.

His truck has to weigh at least 1000 pounds less than mine as well. I would like to say the 3.7 is faster than I thought but in reality he hasnt got all the bugs worked out yet. I still thought it was cool being able to keep up with him. A moral victory? He told me he was surprised when I didnt show up in his rear view mirror. My truck is bone stock. As long as I had it wound above 3K rpm I could keep up with him, but shifting knocked me back a bit each time I had to snick a gear. I thought it was cool and wanted to share.

I'll go back to my normal granny driving now though....just this once I could'nt resist. :)

·
Tape On
829 Posts
Well, he certainly has the lighter truck. I wouldn't lose too much sleep losing to someone who would "restore" a 88 Ford Ranger truck that originally came with a 4 or 6 banger.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just happy I could hang with him, considering the advantages he has. Once he gets his tranny sorted out, he'll dust my britches I think.....I had another 250 pound guy riding shotgun too....

yeah, it had a 6 in it, he got the v-8 from a wrecked truck. He did a nice job on it, did all the work himself. Cant fault him there. Wouldnt be my choice in projects, but I'm not him!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Fords suck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.