DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i know that im a wuss for not stepping up to the plate and buying the HEMI......but after receiving 5 tickets so far in 2005 with my jazzed up 1500 chevy, it was time to step down. my magnum will be all show and no go..... :(.....

but i would like it to sound a little better....will a flow master fit? and should i take out the end muffler (resonator) and put in a straight pipe???

thanks..

·
Registered
365 Posts
Flowmaster or Magnaflow should work alright. Resonator definitely needs to go bye-bye. Check with a exhaust shop for sure.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
v6 exhaust

thank you, i have been trying to call flowmaster and can not even get someone on the phone.... :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
thank you for the help....this site is great, i have only been a member for a few days and it really is a great place for info....thanks again :rck: :thatfunny :rck:

·
Registered
365 Posts
PHATJAY said:
thank you for the help....this site is great, i have only been a member for a few days and it really is a great place for info....thanks again :rck: :thatfunny :rck:
We're all here to help. What color is your mag? I'll be in the Phoenix/Mesa area this week-end. I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my mag

i have the factory silver lowered with factory wheels (for now )....

i ordered a grill yesterday and my wheels are being milled over seas and won't be in the USA until the end of JUNE :huh: picked the 22" carlton from TSW...looking to get sponsored from Nitto tires and JL audio both are in the works.... :rck: FREEBEES...do you have pics of yours???

phatjay :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pics are in my gallery to the left. I'm flying down, so I'll be in a rental.
What grille did you go with?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your car is sweet!!!!!! :rck:

i think i will have to pick up the fiber dash kit and pillar kit...

·
Registered
365 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Dammit, why in the world have I not done that yet, probably the cheapest mod I could do lmao.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now that i have seen the web sit i will be doing the brushed aluminum and leaving the door pillars alone, for now.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
flowmaster

just new to this,but read your inquiry about the flowmaster muf,i have the 3.5 and changed mine out yest.the resinator is under the seating area and the muffler is at the very back.went with a magna flow muffler #11265 there tried that and found it resinated to much so put a resinator where the muffler was and happy with that

·
Registered
365 Posts
bob smiley said:
just new to this,but read your inquiry about the flowmaster muf,i have the 3.5 and changed mine out yest.the resinator is under the seating area and the muffler is at the very back.went with a magna flow muffler #11265 there tried that and found it resinated to much so put a resinator where the muffler was and happy with that
Did you do the install yourself? The muffler is under the rear seats, and the resonator is at the end of the pipe where the tip is attached. Please don't tell me you have the muffler behind the resonator.

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
You're saying that the stock config is the resonater in the middle and the muffler at the back? Isn't that the exact opposite of every vechicle on the road? Can this be right?

I kinda got lost with what you ended up with. Can you tell us your current exhaust system by using descriptive terms for location like middle and back? I'm really not trying to be difficult, just trying to understand what you've got where since I'm thinkig of exhaust for my SXT. Do you have the stock "middle" muffler/resonator, and a chrome exhaust tip at the rear now with no flowmaster anywhere?

How does it sound? Is it real throaty? What's the volume difference from stock? Are you happy iwth it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
muffler system

hi,sorry i'm not up this chat stuff.what i was told by the muffler shop was the resinator is in the middle the muffler is at the back.they took every thing out.i had them install the magna flow muf. then ran tail pipe with ia stainless tip.tried it but found it resonated inside the car and was to loud.so had them install a 18" resonator where factory muf.was and replaced the tip i purchased.i'm happy with what i have now and so is the wife.

·
Registered
8 Posts
looking to install factory driving lites and was told by dodge if you didn't order them with the car you can't get them nor can they be installed after market.is this true

·
Registered
8 Posts
was told by muffler shop.that v6's do not push as much air through the exhaust as a v8.therefore the capicity to the muffler with the rt.amount ehaust air to get a great sound is better done by sticking with the single exhaust so that's what i did.

·
Mineral Grey Metallic SXT
100 Posts
So now your setup is engine -> stock catalatyc converter -> muffler -> resonator -> chrome tip? Did it give it a "throaty" sound? I have to believe your muffler shop, I've been thinking the exact same thing about single exhaust. I want a healthy note (which it already kinda has) without sounding like a bumblebee. That's why I've been thinking single exhaust is the way to go.

Oh, and you can get the Fog Light Kit P/N 82209186 from moparsupercenter.com for 109.80. Comes with the lights, wiring harness, light switch. All you have to do after the install is get your dealer to flash your computer so you can use them. It's the factory kit. Your dealer was wrong.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.