DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three Rams. 1997 club cab 1500 5.9, 2001 quad cab 1500 5.9 Offroad Edition and a 99 quad cab 2500 8.0 donor truck. My 97 is a 426 stroker (yet to be realized) project. Modifications thus far-FI air gap intake manifold, 222/218/114 camshaft, fast bleed down lifters, hardened pushrods, stainless 1.7 rockers on Hughes Iron Ram 2.02/1.62 heads & long tube ceramic coated headers. It runs really well and alot better than stock but it has a long ways to go performance wise. We'll save that for another thread. This thread will be about the 01 Ram 1500 offroad Edition V10 swap. I've read other posts about this and soon realized that I needed a donor truck so the project will go smoothly. I am excited to have a V10 in a 1500 with the Offroad wheels and factory 4.10:1 gears. Of course being that it's January, this project will take some time to gain some traction. The first thing I'm doing is swapping the overhead console and rear view mirror with harness out due to the project truck not having the auto dimming mirror and overhead display. Plus my headliner was starting to delaminate. Also I will be fitting and drilling up the V10 coolant overflow tank on to the right fender of the 01. I am new to this forum and am excited to be here!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So today I got the wiring harness out for the overhead console and dimming mirror. The lower end of the harness was connected to the junction block that hold the fuses in the cab on the left side. It might be possible to do this without pivoting the whole dash out of the way but I kind of doubt it. There is a good video on LMCtruck you tube channel about removing the dashes of these trucks. I've done a couple of heater cores on different trucks in the past so I'm familiar with how to do it. Here's the LMC VID

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So today I got the wiring harness out for the overhead console and dimming mirror. The lower end of the harness was connected to the junction block that hold the fuses in the cab on the left side. It might be possible to do this without pivoting the whole dash out of the way but I kind of doubt it. There is a good video on LMCtruck you tube channel about removing the dashes of these trucks. I've done a couple of heater cores on different trucks in the past so I'm familiar with how to do it. Here's the LMC VID

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The overhead console, headliner, dimming mirror, lighted mirror visors(very important) and wiring harness are now swapped over to the black truck. I now have a good compass and OAT gauge. The fuel mileage and distance to empty are not yet functional but they should be once the PCM gets swapped over. I have started disassembling the donor truck. So far I have the radiator, trans cooler and condenser out as well as the radiator support.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts