DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know how to mod a v10 without screwing it up? Or what grade of oil to put in one? I just bought one and I have no expirience whatsoever with V10's besides the part where thay rip serious ass.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Glad to see another V10 joining this site, especially one from Washington. What year is your truck? Do you have any pictures?
Here is a list of mods available for the V10:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42272

I use 15W30 oil. Takes 7qts.

Exhaust mods are the cheepest so I would start there. Then work on getting a CAI.

·
Registered
14 Posts
98QuadCabV10 said:
Exhaust mods are the cheepest so I would start there. Then work on getting a CAI.
I would agree. :) Cat-back & headers, then CAI and a Fastman TB :cool: These motors have a severe breathing problem ;)

As far as oil, I run 10w30 Amsoil. I store my truck during the winter, but I'd switch to 5w30 if I were running it in the winter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mechanical idiot...

Can you tell me what I would gain installing headers and a back cat system? Do these mods in anyway do any damage to the engine? I am not one to make it louder etc. I just want the truck to pull and perform the best it can. Would like to try to better gas mileage but I know that is almost impossible. Sorry for being an idiot when it comes to the mechanics of this truck. Thanks for your help.... :)

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
The cat back system or headers will in NO way harm your engine. Unless you strip out the stud on the manifold when adding headers. I had no problems with mine and our trucks are the same.
If you get headers don't get them off e-bay. Make sure they are high quality. Mine had a 3/8" flange and they still warped. I heard JBA is the best.
Do you have to get your truck emissions tested? If not then cut out the cats. V10's will not set a code for missing cats. There is no rear o2 sensor.
From cutting off my cats and putting a performance muffler on I gained between 1-2mpg.

A blower would be verry nice though...... If I had money.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My truck needs a supercharger too :D

Does anybody make full length stainless headers for a V10 Ram? The JBA's are nice, but they are still a shorty header which will help at the top end, but lose low end torque.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.