·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Very hard to loose low end on a V10.
They have 1.5" primary tubes. Your not going to loose low with those.
I have traction issues with 42's from a dead stop. No loose of low ends there

·
Registered
549 Posts
let us know what you think about the quality of those headers.i was surprised to see they had 3" collectors,thats a big plus.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats just what I wanted to hear. I'll order them this week and let you all know how they work when I put them on. Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What do you know? I bought the same headers. I haven't installed them yet as I'm going to have them ceramic coated. To cut down on heat. According to the coaters it's supposed to improve the performance as well.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed the headers last weekend. Took me all day to install. The right side took less than an hour to do. The left side (driver) took me the rest of the day. I stripped one of the bolts going into the head (the last one). Ended up taking the headers off like 3 times trying to get everything lined up. I couldn't do anything (well, didn't feel like it) to the head that I stripped so I just got a heavier duty bolt and forced it in. Just hoping I'll never have to take the headers off for as long as I own the truck.
The headers did look good quality. I'm sure they are nothing compared to JBA headers like V10Sport has but for $200 I think they are a good deal.
After installing them I haven't noticed any difference in power and its not any louder. My gas milage did change from 6mpg to 13mpg. But I can't tell if that was from the headers or not since I did other mods along with that. Didn't lose any low end power, still can smoke the tires without a problem and it's fun with posi going sideways through an intersection.
Sorry it was sooo long.
Any one have any other questions? If anyone wants pics of the headers PM or e-mail me and I'll send you some pictures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.