DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Investigator
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· RangoArkie
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Hope not either. The 40 limit sign may have been hidden to the driver in the D by the patrol car when he pulled in front of it to let the D go by. He's lucky a vehicle didn't run him over when he was lying on or past the line.
 

· Swamp Yankee
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Maybe next time he will not give the officer a hard time and try to walk back to his vehicle when requested not to. Anyone who is an officer will tell you that is the scariest time of a motor vehicle stop. If you don't believe me, get your hands on the motor vehicle stop where Kyle Dinkheller was shot by a vietnam vet when he walked back to his Toyota pickup and retrieved an M1 garand and killed the deputy. Just be happy we have tasers now because had he not, the result could have been different. IMO.....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
13,585 Posts
Looking at statistics most likely just as many people have been killed by tasers versus bullets. We had 2 people killed in Canada the last week by tasers.
 

· Investigator
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally believe the cop could have handled things better prior to pulling the taser.. ie telling the driver that signing didnt mean admission of guilt or if he didnt sign he would be arrested. After the driver got out and did not comply with directions, the cop using the taser was good. He would not want to put himself between the driver and passenger not knowing what either could be doing.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
I don't care. Another overzealous, overpaid traffic cop that should not have tazered him. Most have very poor training except for the propaganda their spoon fed at the state capital during basic. He wanted to know where the sign was and as usual the cop feels they do not have to answer any questions. Just take your ticket and take the cops word for it. Then you can hire a lawyer to get off and pay court fees. It's a huge racket money making system for the local legal system. The guy in the Durango was an idiot but the tazer is a weapon and should only be used in self defense. The clean cut white guy was not a threat. He was walking away from the officer.
 

· Chief's Pride!!!
Joined
·
2,483 Posts
Don't be a Idiot and you won't be tasered, I say have the idiots of the world all jump on saw horses twice, so not to infect the population!! Maybe he should of hit him with a rubber bullet or something more humane like a feather duster, the point is don't be stupid with the law!! I am proud of what my brothers and sisters do everyday putting their life on the line everyday, "To Protect and To Serve."
 

· RangoArkie
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
Watched the video again, and snhudurango is right about one of the scariest things for a cop is when a guy turns his back AND puts his hand in his pocket (i.e. possibly going for his own weapon). It's too bad his backup didn't arrive quicker, especially since the guy was giving him a hard time right from the get-go.
x2 to HEMI5PNTSVN's utmost respect for the man & women who risk their lives everyday for us. :gr_patrio :can_pat:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I agree 100% with ark. The cop has to look out for his own safety as well as the safety of others. He was doing his job Protecting and Serving
 

· Investigator
Joined
·
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Asmodaus said:
...the tazer is a weapon and should only be used in self defense.
consider the alternative before the taser.. a flashlight over the head or a bullet. Although the driver was a [email protected] he should be grateful he was tazered instead of something worse. I just wonder if he would still have been stupid if the cop had drawn his gun.. I believe he would have.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
I think it was BS. The officer asked him to get out of the vehicle. The guy hand his thumb in his pocket the whole time. He asked the cop to look at the sign and tell him how he was speeding. Thats when the officer pulled out the taser. If you listen to what he tells the guys wife afterwards he says that he made him get out because he was going to arrest him. Almost looks to me like the cop knew the ticket wouldn't hold up and that he was going to look like a jackass in court so he had to come up with something. Why else would he of asked him to get out of the car, when the guy had done nothing wrong besides told the cop that he didn't deserve the ticket...
 

· RangoArkie
Joined
·
1,471 Posts
DurangoLmtd said:
I just wonder if he would still have been stupid if the cop had drawn his gun.. I believe he would have.
If you watch the interview he gave CNN, he says he didn't realize it was a Taser - he actually thought it was a real gun. Can't believe he walked away from the officer if he thought a bullet was on its way!!! :huh: :crazy:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,410 Posts
Where I work in Canada's Northwest Territories, except for my 1 partner, my nearest backup is 2-3 hours away. Any cop will tell you that they're trained that you do NOT lose a fight. If you lose a fight then the assailant has access to your tools including your pistol. That means that the public is at risk. I'm trying to be impartial to the taser debate. It is a useful tool for us for sure and in 99.9 instances out of 100 it's completely safe, but people can't deny the deaths that are happening.

Well enough of that.... I love my Durango!! :rck:
 

· Swamp Yankee
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Asmodaus said:
I don't care. Another overzealous, overpaid traffic cop that should not have tazered him. Most have very poor training except for the propaganda their spoon fed at the state capital during basic. He wanted to know where the sign was and as usual the cop feels they do not have to answer any questions. Just take your ticket and take the cops word for it. Then you can hire a lawyer to get off and pay court fees. It's a huge racket money making system for the local legal system. The guy in the Durango was an idiot but the tazer is a weapon and should only be used in self defense. The clean cut white guy was not a threat. He was walking away from the officer.
First off... Clean cut white guys, Oklahoma city mean anything to you? The police officer does not have to answer any questions at that time. There is a reason for having the court process. Also, there is a thing called pro-se. Also, I love how you state that he is overpaid. How do you know what he makes and or what shift he works? I am so pissed that I am stupid right now. People like you are the ones who would be first to call the police for help!
 

· Swamp Yankee
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
04str8pipe said:
I think it was BS. The officer asked him to get out of the vehicle. The guy hand his thumb in his pocket the whole time. He asked the cop to look at the sign and tell him how he was speeding. Thats when the officer pulled out the taser. If you listen to what he tells the guys wife afterwards he says that he made him get out because he was going to arrest him. Almost looks to me like the cop knew the ticket wouldn't hold up and that he was going to look like a jackass in court so he had to come up with something. Why else would he of asked him to get out of the car, when the guy had done nothing wrong besides told the cop that he didn't deserve the ticket...
Go sit in a district court someday and see how many tickets get nul prossed or thrown own. A cop could care less if the ticket sticks or not. We'd rather see an assault or rape conviction stick.
 

· Swamp Yankee
Joined
·
1,198 Posts
Oh wait, so I don't stick out too much....

"Dumb pigs, It's all their fault!!!"... haha

And I am 10-2
 

· Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
So now you can get tasered for turning around? The officer had just set the clip board on the car and told him to turn around before he even turned around he didn't know what the guy was doing. He then pulled the taser out before he even turned all the way around or could see what the guy was doing. He clearly over reacted. IMO
 

· MatrixMan
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
04str8pipe said:
So now you can get tasered for turning around? The officer had just set the clip board on the car and told him to turn around before he even turned around he didn't know what the guy was doing. He then pulled the taser out before he even turned all the way around or could see what the guy was doing. He clearly over reacted. IMO
I agree. The driver was apparently speeding yet the officer couldn't explain to him how fast he was going. The officer was not forthcoming with information during the incident. The driver has the right to know what the charge is even in this case were the driver as well didn't adhere to the officer's instructions. If this was initially handled a little differently then we may not be watching such a video. IMHO the officer was to quick to taser. How often do you see an officer or trooper speeding when not responding to a call?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top