DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is looking at a new 08 4.7 rwd but i've seen a lot of used durangos 05-07 20 to 30k miles from 10-13 grand some with 4wd what gives
and not just a few why so cheap?:huh:

·
Where is the snow?
4,118 Posts
How much is your buddy going to pay for the 08? New I think 23-24 grand is fair. Used, I think 14-18 (07-08) grand is fair, unless it's a hybrid, which would be 23-30k used. My Durango is not a 4x4, and it has seen snow and ice and handled perfectly. I think Ds are relatively inexpensive because they are gas guzzlers, (which to me is a plus), and there is a new body style coming out within the next year or so.

·
RangoArkie
1,442 Posts
Prices are low in the US thanks to the gas consumption as Durango+KJ mentioned. Prices for the Rangos up here in Canada have remained fairly stable thanks to our models only being available in AWD/4WD. Guess we look it as a necessity worth spending the extra money at the pumps (I sure do).

·
The Musical Enforcer
793 Posts
Location ....Location....Location...
I can't believe what I see D's going for sometimes! Imo there's nothing wrong with getting a steal I mean deal on a great SUV

·
Grab Life By The Balls
948 Posts
Durangos are cheap as hell, my friend got a used 2007 duango 4x4 slt very well loaded with hemi for $14,250 with only 18,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys
I think I talked him into buying a slightly used for 10k

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've seen a 2009 Ram Hemi Sport fully loaded with navigation for only $32K so the big engine Truck/SUV market is in the tank right now. When you're only getting 14-16 mpg and gas is/was over $4 a gallon most can't or don't want to afford them. The resale sucks for us who paid full market price back in 04/05 and can't even sale them for what we owe. Gas mileage sucks but it's a good vehicle and offers a secure, comfortable ride. I say get them while their hot.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yea they have awesome prices for them now. I got mine for 16,000. And thats after taxes, fees, warranty, and a free sunroof. They gave me free car washes and oil changes for life as well. And the warranties i got was the 3/36 and lifetime powertrain. So dont be scared to ask for incentives like that, theyre desperate. Also, for those of you that dont know this, warranties are 100% mark up. So thats where they make their money off of you. I didnt know this untill after i got my D, which was 12,900 before the extra costs. But if you get a price on a warranty for say, $1000, what it really costs the dealer is $500. So dont stop at just bargaining the price down on the vehicle itself, you can take a lot off the warranty too.:teacher:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
32k can get you a 2500 diesel 4x4 here
shit I bought my truck at the end of 05 for 22k new

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you have the extra cash it's best to buy the warranty directly through the manufacturer. It saved me around $300 over the dealer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.