DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I want to get one thing straight here. If I or anyone buys a second hand Hypertech programmer, and the previous owner redownloads the hypertech program back onto the programmer before he sells it, will it work on another truck? Do I or he have to send it back because it already stored the old VIN on from the original truck it was intended for. My question is, will hypertech unlock the old VIN as long as it has their program on the programmer.
I just hope that everyone who is buying these programmers second hand are
aware of this and not waiting their time and money

·
Hotty Toddy Gosh Almighty
5,101 Posts
It would work as long as the sellers vehicle is restored back to stock with the programmer. So yes it will work as long as his truck is returned to stock with the programmer prior sending it to you.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will the programmer lock his VIN to it even though it has been restored?
Others are saying these things are VIN locked. I understand it does this when you actually download the Hypertech program to your truck.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yep as long as its been downloaded ... nothing is stored. There only VIN locked if someone doesnt remove there tune. Well thats Hypertech's /// I dont have personal experience with anything other then Hypertechs.

TREP R/T said:
Guys, I want to get one thing straight here. If I or anyone buys a second hand Hypertech programmer, and the previous owner redownloads the hypertech program back onto the programmer before he sells it, will it work on another truck? Do I or he have to send it back because it already stored the old VIN on from the original truck it was intended for. My question is, will hypertech unlock the old VIN as long as it has their program on the programmer.
I just hope that everyone who is buying these programmers second hand are
aware of this and not waiting their time and money

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought a used Superchips and it works fine. My dad bought a friend of mine bought a used hypertech for his f250 and it works fine. First hand experience that it will be fine and if its a good price go for it. :rck:

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paid $300 for it with an AIRFORCE1 CAI.
The fellow who sold it to me has been A-1 with me and needed to get rid of the items as he sold his 04 RAM for another vehicle. Plus, He is getting married soon.
I did not want to snooze and lose on this one. I doubt those items are not more than 6 months old.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hypertech

Another member mentioned something about the TOW/HAUL mode update
( which I have ) will not work with the Hypertech programmer unless it too came with the update. Will I have to send it back to have it updated? I am not the original purchaser or does that matter?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.